Use code TPM for up to 66% off at MyPillow.com

ADVERTISEMENT

BREAKING: Judge allows Elon Musk to include whistleblower claims in Twitter court case

The trial is set to begin on October 17. Musk’s team had requested a mid-November start date.

ADVERTISEMENT
Image
Hannah Nightingale Washington DC
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

A court filing released on Wednesday has revealed that a Delaware court has denied SpaceX and Tesla CEO Elon Musk’s request to delay the trial that to his attempt to pull out of his Twitter buyout deal.

According to CNBC, who viewed the documents, the court also ruled that Musk will be able to add in claims from a Twitter whistleblower to his countersuit against the popular social media platform.

The trial is set to begin on October 17. Musk’s team had requested a mid-November start date.

"I previously rejected Defendants’ arguments in response to Twitter’s motion to expedite, making clear that the longer the delay until trial, the greater the risk of irreparable harm to Twitter," Chancellor Kathaleen McCormick wrote. "I am convinced that even four weeks’ delay would risk further harm to Twitter too great to justify."

Musk’s lawyers had requested to add in claims related to a complaint recently made public from a whistleblower, Twitter’s former head of security, Peiter "Mudge" Zatko.

The billionaire’s legal team argued that the claims, which according to CNBC allege "extreme, egregious deficiencies by Twitter" related to privacy, security and content moderation on the social media platform, would show how Twitter breached it merger agreement terms if proven true.

After Zatko’s claims were made public, Twitter CEO Parag Agrawal sent a memo to employees that stated that they were still reviewing the complaint, but added that is a false narrative that is riddled with inconsistencies and inaccuracies, and presented without important context.”

According to CNBC, McCormick said Musk’s legal team would be allowed to only "incremental discovery" based on the new allegations, including "targeted document discovery and minimal additional experts and fact witnesses."

"We are hopeful that winning the motion to amend takes us one step closer to the truth coming out in that courtroom," said Musk lawyer Alex Spiro of Quinn Emanuel in a statement.

In July, Musk terminated his $44 billion deal to buy Twitter, which had been in motion since the spring.

The deal had been placed on hold since May after Musk demanded that the social media platform prove that less than five percent of users are bot accounts.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
N/A by N/A is licensed under N/A

Join and support independent free thinkers!

We’re independent and can’t be cancelled. The establishment media is increasingly dedicated to divisive cancel culture, corporate wokeism, and political correctness, all while covering up corruption from the corridors of power. The need for fact-based journalism and thoughtful analysis has never been greater. When you support The Post Millennial, you support freedom of the press at a time when it's under direct attack. Join the ranks of independent, free thinkers by supporting us today for as little as $1.

Support The Post Millennial

Remind me in September

We will use this to send you a single email in September 2020. To find out what personal data we collect and how we use it, please visit our Privacy Policy

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
By signing up you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy
ADVERTISEMENT
© 2022 The Post Millennial, Privacy Policy