Magistrate Judge Bruce Reinhart has ordered a redacted version of the Mar-a-Lago search warrant affidavit to be released by Friday at noon.
The news comes after Judge Bruce Reinhart, who approved the search warrant authorizing the raid of Trump's Mar-a-Lago residency, said on August 22 that the raid was "unprecedented" and formally rejected the Biden administration's argument to keep the affidavit sealed, citing "intense public and historical interest."
Reinhart said that he gave the Department of Justice an "opportunity to propose redaction" last week, giving the Biden regime a deadline of Thursday, August 25.
Trump was in New York as 30 FBI agents raided his Mar-a-Lago estate on August 8 and took several boxes of material from the former president's residence last week.
The raid allegedly came in response to beliefs that Trump withheld documents covered under the Presidential Records Act.
Trump has said the documents that the FBI retrieved from the estate had been declassified through a "standing order" of Trump's that let him take classified materials from the White House to his private residence so he could work out of office.
On August 11, United States Attorney General Merrick Garland confirmed that he "personally approved" of the FBI raid, which was greenlit in the state by Florida federal Magistrate Judge Bruce Reinhart, who donated to the Obama campaign in 2008 and, as a lawyer years before, represented Jeffrey Epstein's employees in court.
Reinhart previously said that the entire affidavit should not be kept under seal despite claims by the DOJ that the release would jeopardize future steps in the investigation.
"They can redact the names and other sensitive information, but DOJ must lay their cards on the table," said Sen. Lindsey Graham, R-S.C. "Media speculation is rampant … Let America see the affidavit."
Garland has offered concern that those who are named in the affidavit should not have their names made public.
Experts say that there are larger issues at play in this case, including the credibility of the Justice Department in investigating a likely Biden rival for 2024.
On Wednesday President Biden said that he had no advance warning of the FBI raid despite a letter in April stating that Biden had empowered the National Archives to waive any claims of executive privilege that Trump might declare to block the DOJ from accessing any documents remaining in his possession.
Join and support independent free thinkers!
We’re independent and can’t be cancelled. The establishment media is increasingly dedicated to divisive cancel culture, corporate wokeism, and political correctness, all while covering up corruption from the corridors of power. The need for fact-based journalism and thoughtful analysis has never been greater. When you support The Post Millennial, you support freedom of the press at a time when it's under direct attack. Join the ranks of independent, free thinkers by supporting us today for as little as $1.
Remind me next month