A gang of six street-dwelling vagrants officially upgraded their titles to full-blown killers this Friday, as the group all faced sentencing charges over their roles in a June 2020 killing.
The article from Yorkshire Live goes over everything from start to finish. His name was Bradley Gledhill. The 20-year-old was with two friends late at night near Jessop Park, over in the English town of Batley. Their evening of casual activity was winding down to wanting "a smoke and the toilet."
For no "apparent reason" this group of six young men got physical towards Gledhill and his two friends. Much of the documenting evidence came by way of CCTV footage, which at one point displayed young Bradley failing to escape.
One of the youngest thugs struck Mr. Gledhill and he ended up on the ground. The gang of six held him there and took turns "kicking," "stabbing," "striking," and "stamping" the victim. Residents living in the area of Park Croft tried to tend to Bradley after the fact, but he was stabbed in the heart in a way that made staying alive impossible.
The events of that tragic evening last summer lingered as the litigation process played out. From June 2020, we then fast forward to today and the six received sentencing.
The fact that at least three of the gang are said to have "bragged" about killing someone, alongside efforts made known about the group’s attempt to cover-up their crime, lent none of these murderers any sympathy from the judge.
We know the names of all six of Bradley Gledhill’s killers because Justice Kerr lifted reporting restrictions. He allowed the naming of two defendants who were only sixteen years of age at the time of the crime, given the brutality on display therein..
In alphabetical order:
- Ahmed Karolia (age 24): set to face 16 years minimum, for prison. Ahmed kicked Bradley Gledhill in the head during the ambush. Alongside that, he’s convicted of attempted murder for going after one of Brad’s friends too.
- Irfan Hussain (age 17): sentenced to 11 years. Irfan is said to have been the most violent of the gang with alcohol in his system. He kicked and stomped Brad Gledhill, bragging about the display of dominance as the victim was dying.
- Nabeel Naseer (age 18): faces a minimum of 11 years for murder and attempted murder. Nabeel’s role was hiding evidence. While not reportedly being directly involved in Brad Gledhill’s killing, Nabeel launched kicks on one of Brad’s mates. He faces the sentence of "Her Majesty's Pleasure," which in England means a young offender institution, for a yet to be determined length of time, to face later reviewing as to whether or not it's "safe" to release them.
- Nikash Hussain (age 17): sentenced to 10 years. Suspected to have a knife that night. Nikash’s part was kicking Brad Gledhill twice in the head and throwing Brad’s bloodied phone down a drain after the attack.
- Raja Nawaz (age 19): set to face 12 years minimum. Raja didn’t throw punches because held the victim down as others did the beating. It’s reported he gave a "mocking salute" gesture at Gledhill’s dying body.
- Usman Karolia (age 19): set to face a minimum 21 years in prison. 17 years for Gledhill’s murder, alongside three years and one years for the attempted murders and harm of Brad’s two friends.
Justice Kerr didn’t hold back in his remarks. "You thought nothing of killing him in the open air, in the street, in public. A young child was watching. You thought nothing of the unending pain you would cause Bradley’s family. They now suffer that pain each day, their beloved son and brother’s life needlessly taken."
As for the family of Bradley Gledhill, the mother said they'll be haunted by this for the rest of their lives. His sister Bryony described it "like a jigsaw puzzle with one piece missing."