Use code TPM for up to 66% off at MyPillow.com

ADVERTISEMENT

Travis Scott, Drake sued for 'inciting the crowd' during fatal Astroworld set

The suit accuses Drake and Travis Scott of continuing to perform "as the crowd became out of control" and "while the crowd mayhem continued."

ADVERTISEMENT
Image
Hannah Nightingale Washington DC
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

A 23-year-old man who attended Travis Scott's disastrous Friday night Astroworld set is suing the rapper, as well as special guest Drake, for "inciting the crowd" that led to the deaths of eight people.

Kristian Paredes, from Austin, Texas, is accusing the rappers, Live Nation Entertainment Inc. and Harris County Sports and Convention Corporation of negligence, according to the complaint obtained by the Daily Mail on Sunday.

According to the complaint, special guest Drake reportedly "came on stage alongside Travis Scott and helped incite the crowd."

The suit accuses Drake and Travis Scott of continuing to perform "as the crowd became out of control" and "while the crowd mayhem continued."

Paredes is seeking over $1 million for his bodily injuries, some of which he says is permanent, as well as medical expenses.

He said that he had been at the front of the general admission section at the metal gate separating the section from he VIP section when Travis Scott came on the stage at around 9pm. At that point, Paredes says he felt an "immediate push" as the rapper took the stage.

"The crowd became chaotic and a stampede began leaving eight dead and dozens including Kristian Paredes severely injured," the filing states. "Many begged security guards hired by Live Nation Entertainment for help, but were ignored."

Paredes says in the lawsuit that the injuries and deaths are due to the "negligence, carelessness and recklessness" of the "defendants, their agents, servants and employees, in the ownership, management, maintenance, operation, supervision, and the control of the subject premises."

Paredes, who is being represented by Texas attorney Thomas Henry, is seeking trial by jury.

"There is no excuse for the events that unfolded at NRG stadium on Friday night," said Henry. "There is every indication that the performers, organizers, and venue were not only aware of the hectic crowd but also that injuries and potential deaths may have occurred. Still, they decided to put profits over their attendees and allowed the deadly show to go on."

"Live musical performances are meant to inspire catharsis, not tragedy. Many of these concert-goers were looking forward to this event for months, and they deserved a safe environment in which to have fun and enjoy the evening. Instead, their night was one of fear, injury, and death," he continued.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
N/A by N/A is licensed under N/A

Join and support independent free thinkers!

We’re independent and can’t be cancelled. The establishment media is increasingly dedicated to divisive cancel culture, corporate wokeism, and political correctness, all while covering up corruption from the corridors of power. The need for fact-based journalism and thoughtful analysis has never been greater. When you support The Post Millennial, you support freedom of the press at a time when it's under direct attack. Join the ranks of independent, free thinkers by supporting us today for as little as $1.

Support The Post Millennial

Remind me in September

We will use this to send you a single email in September 2020. To find out what personal data we collect and how we use it, please visit our Privacy Policy

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
By signing up you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy
ADVERTISEMENT
© 2022 The Post Millennial, Privacy Policy