Activists have shown up outside of Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos’ DC home with a guillotine for the second time.
A very similar guillotine was left outside the billionaires house in June as activists demanded the abolition of Amazon.
A video of the activists show a number of people at the home as the guillotine is being assembled. The activists are demanding a $30 minimum wage.
Another video shows activists chanting "If we don’t get it, shut it down!"
The current activists appear to be apart of The Congress of Essential Workers (TCOEW), which describes itself as a "Collaborative network of essential workers fighting for the elimination of billionaires, wealth redistribution & protection of the working class."
The march was planned by the organization on its website which lists a number of demands for "for Amazon workers and all exploited workers across the globe."
Some of the demands include:
- A minimum of $30 per hour for hourly associates
- Appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE)
- A $2 hourly increase hazard pay
- Paid sick leave for employees who test positive for coronavirus
- Free child and health care
- Shares and annual investments with the company upon employment
Jeff Bezos has recently become the first person in the world to be valued at $200 billion.