American News Jun 7, 2021 3:06 PM EST

BREAKING: Family of 8-year-old girl killed during Rayshard Brooks protests sues Atlanta mayor, police chief

The family Secoriea Turner, who was slain in Atlanta a year ago, is suing the city. She was shot in a Wendy's parking lot while armed vigilantes joined with protestors after Rayshard Brooks' death.

BREAKING: Family of 8-year-old girl killed during Rayshard Brooks protests sues Atlanta mayor, police chief
The Post Millennial The Post Millennial
Custom made fan favorite Jerseys starting at $24.99
GET STARTED
Custom made fan favorite Jerseys starting at $24.99 with Fansidea

The family of a little girl who was slain in Atlanta a year ago is suing the city. Secoriea Turner was only 8-years-old was shot in a Wendy's parking lot while armed vigilantes joined with protestors after Rayshard Brooks' death.

The complaint filed by the Turner family in Fulton County State Court said that it was the many failures of elected leaders, "including that they were negligent in their duties by failing to remove armed vigilantes who had gathered alongside peaceful protestors at the Wendy's where Rayshard Brooks was shot and killed."

Named in the complaint are Atlanta Mayor Keisha Lance Bottoms as well as Atlanta Police Chief Rodney Bryant, City Councilmember Joyce Sheperd and Wendy's International. The family is being represented by The Cochran Firm, according to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution.

After Turner's shooting in July, Bottoms said that "enough is enough," and demanded that the protestors vacate the parking lot. Bottoms declared that protestors would no longer be permitted at the Wendy's where Rayshard Brooks was shot and killed in June.

"Now we are demanding action for Secoriea Turner, and all other people who were shot in Atlanta last night," Bottoms said during a news conference.

"Enough is enough. If you want people to take us seriously and you don't want us to lose this movement, we can't lose each other."

It was in October that Mawuli Davis, who represents the Turner family, said they were considering a suit. At the time, Davis told the city they had 30 days to either come to the table to negotiate a settlement or they would be looking at a $16 million lawsuit.

"They knew that at least on two other occasions people had been shot," Davis said in October. "They knew there were armed vigilantes blockading a public street, and they took no action."

Ads by revcontent

Join and support independent free thinkers!

We’re independent and can’t be cancelled. The establishment media is increasingly dedicated to divisive cancel culture, corporate wokeism, and political correctness, all while covering up corruption from the corridors of power. The need for fact-based journalism and thoughtful analysis has never been greater. When you support The Post Millennial, you support freedom of the press at a time when it's under direct attack. Join the ranks of independent, free thinkers by supporting us today for as little as $1.

Support The Post Millennial