If big tech continues censoring conservatives, that means our days on these platforms may be numbered. Please take a minute to sign up to our mailing list so we can stay in touch with you, our community. Subscribe Now!
Adam Skelly, owner of popular Etobicoke restaurant Adamson Barbecue, was issued a closure order by Toronto Public Health on Tuesday night after taking a defiant stand against Ontario's lockdown measures and opening up his restaurant for indoor dining.
Skelly said he would review the order and see what the implications are but told The Post Millennial that he will be reopening tomorrow.
"One hundred percent, yeah we will be here, I mean everyone will have to accept the risks, they come into a place that Toronto Public Health said has been closed."
Toronto Police spoke to media after the public health agency issued the closure and said they would enforce compliance with the Reopening Ontario Act if Skelly was to open tomorrow. That includes removing people by force, if necessary.
Skelly added that his plan is that he will wait until he gets fined, then push back in court.
Toronto City Counsellor Mark Grimes from Ward 3 Etobicoke-Lakeshore told The Post Millennial that fines could be anywhere from $750 to $100,000.
Skelly said he had been considering ignoring pandemic-related restrictions on indoor dining for a while now, but finally chose to defy the orders after Doug Ford's recently imposed ban on all restaurant dining.
Toronto and Peel announced the 28-day lockdown on Monday, restaurants like Adamson Barbecue can not serve diners indoors or outdoors and can only sell food though takeout.