While the details of the case were not revealed, sources familiar with the situation said it was related to the trial of the former House Speaker's husband Paul's alleged attacker, David DePape, which is set to begin in the coming weeks.
According to Fox News, the House Clerk read a statement Pelosi had prepared regarding the subpoena, per congressional procedure.
"This is to notify you formally pursuant to Rule Eight of the rules of the House of Representatives, that I, the Honorable Nancy Pelosi, Speaker Emerita, and US Representative for the 11th Congressional District of California, have been served with third party subpoenas from the prosecution and the defendant to produce documents in a criminal case and United States District Court for the Northern District of California," the statement read.
"After consultation with the Office of General Counsel, I have determined that compliance with the subpoenas is consistent with the privileges and of the House to the extent it requires production of non-privileged information. The responses to the subpoenas will be identical."
Paul Pelosi, 82, was violently attacked on October 28 of last year in the San Francisco home he shares with his wife. San Francisco District Attorney Brooke Jenkins stated that DePape allegedly broke in through a rear glass door and snuck into Paul Pelosi's bedroom, where he was sleeping.
Pelosi managed to call police from the bathroom, and when officers arrived, he and DePape were struggling over a hammer, which the latter used to strike the former in the head.
DePape was arrested and Pelosi suffered a fractured skull, an injury from which he recovered. Pelosi said DePape was there for his wife, and had allegedly screamed "where's Nancy!"
On November 1, 2022, DePape pleaded not guilty at an arraignment hearing to a number of felonies unrelated to the federal complaint including charges of attempted murder, assault with a deadly weapon, residential burglary, false imprisonment of an elder, elder abuse, and threats to a public official and her family.
Join and support independent free thinkers!
We’re independent and can’t be cancelled. The establishment media is increasingly dedicated to divisive cancel culture, corporate wokeism, and political correctness, all while covering up corruption from the corridors of power. The need for fact-based journalism and thoughtful analysis has never been greater. When you support The Post Millennial, you support freedom of the press at a time when it's under direct attack. Join the ranks of independent, free thinkers by supporting us today for as little as $1.
Remind me next month