img
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Navy veteran with 'severe PTSD' charged with attempted murder of 'Trump-house' owner in San Diego

The victim's wife he “no hope” of recovering from the injuries sustained during the attack.

ADVERTISEMENT

The victim's wife he “no hope” of recovering from the injuries sustained during the attack.

Image
Roberto Wakerell-Cruz Montreal QC
A 32-year-old Navy veteran has been charged in a violent attack that left the elderly owner of the well-known “Trump House” in Escondido, California, in critical condition, authorities said Wednesday.

Police officers responded around 2:15 pm to East Mission Avenue and Buchanan Street after reports of an assault. There they found 69-year-old Kerry Sheron with severe injuries. A utility worker was already restraining the suspect when officers arrived.

Investigators say Sheron was transported for medical treatment and remains in critical condition. His wife reportedly believes he has “no hope” of recovering from the injuries sustained during the attack.

The suspect, identified as Thomas Caleb Butler, allegedly lived only a few blocks from the property. A family friend described him as someone struggling with mental health issues after his military service, saying he had “severe PTSD.” The same source said Butler had “liked” the house and supported President Donald Trump as a registered Republican.

The residence, widely known locally for its display of American flags and pro-Donald Trump memorabilia, had previously drawn complaints from neighbors, and a vandalism incident was reported earlier in the year, per the New York Post. It remains unclear whether the display played any role in the assault.

A friend of Butler also said, “This is the guy that plays with Legos and Star Wars stuff,” and described him as increasingly isolated and paranoid. “He sits in his room and thinks everyone is coming to get him,” the friend added. Authorities said the motive is still under investigation and they are interviewing witnesses. Police have stated they do not believe the attack was politically motivated.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
Sign in to comment

Comments

Powered by The Post Millennial CMS™ Comments

Join and support independent free thinkers!

We’re independent and can’t be cancelled. The establishment media is increasingly dedicated to divisive cancel culture, corporate wokeism, and political correctness, all while covering up corruption from the corridors of power. The need for fact-based journalism and thoughtful analysis has never been greater. When you support The Post Millennial, you support freedom of the press at a time when it's under direct attack. Join the ranks of independent, free thinkers by supporting us today for as little as $1.

Support The Post Millennial

Remind me next month

To find out what personal data we collect and how we use it, please visit our Privacy Policy

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
By signing up you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy
ADVERTISEMENT
© 2026 The Post Millennial, Privacy Policy