Use code TPM for up to 66% off at MyPillow.com

ADVERTISEMENT
Canadian News May 13, 2021 2:14 PM EST

Afternoon announcement scheduled from Premier Ford, Ontario's chief medical officer

Premier Doug Ford is scheduled to make a joint announcement with Ontario's chief medical officer of health amidst the growing potential for the province's current lockdowns to continue.

Afternoon announcement scheduled from Premier Ford, Ontario's chief medical officer
Hannah Nightingale Washington DC

This article was published more than 1 year ago, information might not be up to date.

Premier Doug Ford is scheduled to make a joint announcement with Ontario's chief medical officer of health amidst the growing potential for the province's current lockdowns to continue, according to CP24.

Although the current lockdowns put in place by Ford are scheduled to expire on May 20 after being implemented over a month ago, Ontario's health minister has indicated that these lockdowns may have to continue for longer.

The Ontario Medical Association released a statement Wednesday saying that the province has yet to take a stance on the matter.

"We all want the third wave to be the last wave," OMA President Dr. Samantha Hill said Wednesday. "No one wants to start lifting restrictions too soon, only to find the virus spreading again and we have to go back into lockdown."

With the province recording more than 2,300 COVID-19 cases on Wednesday alone, and holding a seven-day average of 2,826 infections, as well as a declining but still strained ICU capacity, the OMA said that cases and hospitalizations are still far too high to consider rolling back restrictions.

Last week, Chief Medical officer of Health in Ontario Dr. David Williams said cases should be below 1,000 per day to consider lifting the stay-at-home order.

The announcement, scheduled for noon, will see Premier Ford joined by Williams, as well as Health minister Christine Elliott and Solicitor General Sylvia Jones.

Ads by revcontent

Join and support independent free thinkers!

We’re independent and can’t be cancelled. The establishment media is increasingly dedicated to divisive cancel culture, corporate wokeism, and political correctness, all while covering up corruption from the corridors of power. The need for fact-based journalism and thoughtful analysis has never been greater. When you support The Post Millennial, you support freedom of the press at a time when it's under direct attack. Join the ranks of independent, free thinkers by supporting us today for as little as $1.

Support The Post Millennial