Canadian News Nov 26, 2020 11:23 PM EST

BREAKING: Anti-lockdown protesters gather outside Doug Ford’s house after arrest of restaurant owner

A group of anti-lockdown protestors from earlier demonstrations at Adamson Barbecue have made their way to Premier Doug Ford's home in Etobicoke.

BREAKING: Anti-lockdown protesters gather outside Doug Ford’s house after arrest of restaurant owner
Joe Vaughan The Post Millennial
Join the ranks of independent, free thinkers by supporting us today for as little as $1.
Support The Post Millennial

A group of anti-lockdown protestors from earlier demonstrations at Adamson Barbecue have made their way to Premier Doug Ford's home in Etobicoke.

Premier Doug Ford called upon Skelly to close his business on Wednesday. Speaking at a press conference in reference to Skelly, Ford said "you're putting people's lives in jeopardy. I always try to be nice the first time, but this guy is just totally ignoring public health officials."

Newstalk 1010's Hayley Cooper tweeted a video of the angry protestors on the street in front of the Ontario Premier's house. She said the demonstrators attempted to swarm her. Police are holding the group back from walking onto Ford's front lawn.

Doug Ford's office released a message saying the demonstration "goes beyond acceptable political protests" and that "his family nor his neighbours should be subjected to this intimidation."

Demonstrations in Toronto have grown in scale this week as Adam Skelly, owner of Adamson BBQ in Etobicoke invited people to eat at his restaurant that he refused to close in defiance of new provincial lockdown laws.

Adam Skelly and Adamson BBQ are facing charges of operating a business without a license, breaching indoor dining regulations, allowing illegal gathering, attempting to obstruct police, mischief under and failure to comply with Reopening Act.

Skelly was arrested by Toronto Police today after attempting to enter his restaurant that had been issued a closure from Toronto Public Health.

Police arrived at Skelly's Etobicoke barbecue restaurant early this morning to change the locks and prevent entrance into the building. They were motivated to bar Skelly from opening for a third day in a row.

Yesterday, when speaking to The Post Millennial, Skelly said “I will continue to act in noncompliance with these orders and see what kind of support we have today.” He added, "If anyone sees this as an inspiration to stand up and open their business, that’s amazing."

Join and support independent free thinkers!

We’re independent and can’t be cancelled. The establishment media is increasingly dedicated to divisive cancel culture, corporate wokeism, and political correctness, all while covering up corruption from the corridors of power. The need for fact-based journalism and thoughtful analysis has never been greater. When you support The Post Millennial, you support freedom of the press at a time when it's under direct attack. Join the ranks of independent, free thinkers by supporting us today for as little as $1.