On Tuesday, it was revealed that Fox News’ settlement with Dominion Voting Systems over claims made in 2020 about the company’s voting machines’ role in the presidential election was the reason why former Fox News host Tucker Carlson was taken off the air.
Two people briefed on the conversation told Axios that Carlson had been told by a Fox board member that he was taken off the air abruptly last month as part of the settlement with Dominion Voting Systems.
The $787 million settlement reached by the two parties came less than a week after it was revealed that Carlson was off the air, with his final show being the Friday after the settlement was announced.
In a letter from Carlson’s lawyers to Fox News, they argue that Carlson’s noncompete clause in his contract, which runs through 2025, is no longer valid, alleging Fox employees, including "Rupert Murdoch himself," broke promises to Carlson "intentionally and with reckless disregard for the truth."
The lawyers accuse Fox executives, which two sources told Axios are Viet Dinh and Murdoch, of making “material representations,” or promises, to Carlson that was intentionally broken, constituting fraud.
The revelation comes as Tucker Carlson has launched a new exclusive show on Twitter.
This is a breaking story and will be updated.
Join and support independent free thinkers!
We’re independent and can’t be cancelled. The establishment media is increasingly dedicated to divisive cancel culture, corporate wokeism, and political correctness, all while covering up corruption from the corridors of power. The need for fact-based journalism and thoughtful analysis has never been greater. When you support The Post Millennial, you support freedom of the press at a time when it's under direct attack. Join the ranks of independent, free thinkers by supporting us today for as little as $1.
Remind me next month