The father of a 6-year-old that was fatally shot during a fireworks show on July 4, 2020 is speaking out against San Francisco District Attorney Chesa Boudin, stating that his "broken" criminal justice system resulted in the killer serving a lesser amount of time due to his age.
"I am so angry with Chesa Boudin right now. He makes San Francisco's criminal justice system a complete joke," the boy's father, Jason Young, told Fox News.
"The killer of my 6-year-old son will likely serve less time than the age of my son because of Chesa's campaign promise. Boudin's campaign promises do not protect San Franciscans and ensure justice – they only allow criminals, and in this case, murderers, to return to the community," he continued.
Boudin reportedly ran on the campaign promise of not trying those under 18 as adults, no matter the seriousness of the crime committed.
Young asserted that the city has a DA and public defenders that aid criminals, "while crime victims and residents have no one fighting for them."
"Some wonder why the Black community doesn't have faith in the justice system," he continued. "We cannot help but feel that if this had happened to a White child in another neighborhood, we would not be having this discussion; we would not have this result from a dismissive, out-of-touch district attorney. At the very least there would be some real accountability in Jace's case."
On July 4, 2020, Jace Young was fatally shot in San Fransisco's Bayview District during a fireworks show. He was rushed to the hospital, but did not survive.
Investigators identified two of the suspected four gunman, then 17-year-old Deshaune Lumpkin and 18-year-old James Harbor.
Lumpkin was tried in juvenile court, and was found guilty Monday of four of the six counts.
"Because he was tried as a juvenile, Lumpkin can only be held for a maximum of eight years until his 25th birthday. And despite the shooters only being months apart in age, Harbor, now 19, was tried as an adult and is potentially facing 50 years to life for Young's death," according to Fox News.
"As the cycle of violence continues in San Francisco, our family and everyone else affected by this senseless crime and lack of accountability is traumatized," Young said.
"To be a victim of crime in San Francisco is a complete nightmare under District Attorney Boudin. This is just another example of how he is failing our community and the city of San Francisco. This isn't justice for Jace, and this isn't what our city deserves either. No family should ever go through what we are going through," he added.
Boudin, a DA backed by billionaire donor George Soros, had faced a recall attempt earlier this year. That recall attempt though failed to receive the required votes to bring the recall attempt to a voter according to the Daily Caller.
"Our heart breaks for the Young family, whom our Victim Services Division has continued to support," Boudin's spokeswoman, Rachel Marshall said in a statement to Fox News. "We secured a guilty verdict yesterday in juvenile court against one defendant, and we are awaiting trial to start for the adult, whom we are prosecuting for murder as well. We are committed to holding accountable those responsible for this tragic crime."
Join and support independent free thinkers!
We’re independent and can’t be cancelled. The establishment media is increasingly dedicated to divisive cancel culture, corporate wokeism, and political correctness, all while covering up corruption from the corridors of power. The need for fact-based journalism and thoughtful analysis has never been greater. When you support The Post Millennial, you support freedom of the press at a time when it's under direct attack. Join the ranks of independent, free thinkers by supporting us today for as little as $1.
Remind me next month