Following a series of allegations from former backup dancers, Lizzo has reportedly been dropped from consideration for the Super Bowl LVII Halftime Show.
An NFL insider told the Daily Mail that the backlash over allegations of sexual harassment and fat shaming has prompted the sports organization to drop Lizzo from consideration. Her name had been a front-runner among many to headline the famed Sunday sports event.
"Talks of Lizzo being a part of the Halftime festivities, or performing the National Anthem, are dead now that she is surrounded by scandal," the source said.
Earlier this month, a scandal arose when three former backup dancers accused Lizzo of "religious and racial harassment, false imprisonment, interference with prospective economic advantage and other allegations."
In their lawsuit against the star, they allege that during one trip to Amsterdam’s Red Light District, "things quickly got out of hand. Lizzo began inviting cast members to take turns touching the nude performers, catching dildos launched from the performers' vaginas, and eating bananas protruding from the performers' vaginas."
The lawsuit further alleges that Lizzo "pressured" and "goaded one of the dancers into touching one of the naked dancer's breasts.
In the wake of Lizzo being removed from consideration for the Super Bowl, her team is desperately attempting to salvage her reputation and career.
A source close to the singer told the Daily Mail her team is "desperately trying to come up with a strategy to save her sinking ship."
"It is becoming more and more difficult with more people coming forth accusing her of extremely inappropriate acts," the sourced added. "Lizzo has raked in a massive amount of money but her minute is pretty much up it seems and no one knows if she will be able to recover from this."
"If she speaks out, her statements are shredded. If she stays quiet, she is called a coward. Either way, it does not appear at this moment that she can recover from this."
Attorneys representing the three backup dancers have said that six other people have submitted complaints along similar lines.
Rob Sambrano, representing Arianna Davis, Crystal Williams, and Noelle Rodriguez, former backup dancers for Lizzo, told NBC News that the newest allegations accuse Lizzo of a "sexually charged environment" and failure to pay employees.
In a statement posted to Instagram, Lizzo addressed the allegations, writing, "these last few days have been gut-wrenchingly difficult and overwhelmingly disappointing."
"My work ethic, morals and respectfulness have been questioned. My character has been criticized. Usually, I choose not to respond to false allegations but these are as unbelievable as they sound and too outrageous not to be addressed."
Lizzo said that these were "sensationalized stories" coming from former employees that have previously admitted publically "that they were told their behavior on tour was inappropriate and unprofessional."
She said that "am not here to be looked at as a victim, but I also know that I am not the villain that people and the media have portrayed me to be these last few days."
"I'm hurt but I will not let the good work I've done in the world be overshadowed by this. I want to thank everyone who has reached out in support to lift me up during this difficult time."
Join and support independent free thinkers!
We’re independent and can’t be cancelled. The establishment media is increasingly dedicated to divisive cancel culture, corporate wokeism, and political correctness, all while covering up corruption from the corridors of power. The need for fact-based journalism and thoughtful analysis has never been greater. When you support The Post Millennial, you support freedom of the press at a time when it's under direct attack. Join the ranks of independent, free thinkers by supporting us today for as little as $1.
Remind me next month