American News Aug 4, 2020 1:59 PM EST

One dead and two wounded at massive LA mansion party

One person is dead and two others were wounded as a result of gunfire at a mansion party in Los Angeles last night. Gatherings of this type have been banned by the county due to coronavirus.

One dead and two wounded at massive LA mansion party
Libby Emmons Brooklyn, NY
Join the ranks of independent, free thinkers by supporting us today for as little as $1.
Support The Post Millennial

If big tech continues censoring conservatives, that means our days on these platforms may be numbered. Please take a minute to sign up to our mailing list so we can stay in touch with you, our community. Subscribe Now!

One person is dead and two others were wounded as a result of gunfire at a mansion party in Los Angeles last night. Gatherings of this type have been banned by the county since earlier this spring.

The party was at a sprawling home on Mulholland Drive in the Beverly Crest neighbourhood, and was the subject of police concern prior to the shooting, according to CBSLA.

The party drew a police response several hours before the violence, when LAPD responded to complaints from neighbours over the size of the party given the lockdown orders on large gatherings.

Police officers who arrived in response to those complaints around 6:30 pm on Monday said there were about 200 people in attendance at that time. A food truck and a DJ were on hand for the festivities.

LAPD said that officers would not enter the home at their first visit without a warrant, and did not undertake to break up the gathering. Social distancing and face masking norms were not being followed by guests.

LAPD reportedly continued looking into the party as the night wore on.

The shooting took place at 12:47 a.m. At that time, three were injured and taken to a hospital, where one died. Another person was injured as well, though not as a result of gunfire.

A video of the party in the aftermath of the shooting was posted to Instagram, where the sound of gunfire could be heard and people were seen running. The names of the victims have not been released, though it has been reported that a woman in her 40's and a man in his 30's were among them.

The cause of the disturbance and violence has not yet been released, however, the Independent reported that the man who put the video on Instagram posted that the shooting occurred after "a lot of big ballers were gambling" and "lost a lot of money."

He wrote: "A bunch of gangsters came in and robbed everybody and started shooting everybody. I ran for my life it was crazy."

Kennie Leggett was handling security for the event, and said he and his team had been scheduled to work until 3 am He noted that the party was a celebration for a newly minted NFL draftee.

Leggett told CBS "We have money. We are people. This... I mean, is just pushing us out everywhere, and we have nothing, so the only thing we do have is Airbnbs to rent, swimming pools for our kids, to do big things and things of that nature."

Large gatherings of this type have been banned by the county. Those who manage the home reported that they were unaware of the party, but that it was a breach of the short-term rental terms.

Join and support independent free thinkers!

We’re independent and can’t be cancelled. The establishment media is increasingly dedicated to divisive cancel culture, corporate wokeism, and political correctness, all while covering up corruption from the corridors of power. The need for fact-based journalism and thoughtful analysis has never been greater. When you support The Post Millennial, you support freedom of the press at a time when it's under direct attack. Join the ranks of independent, free thinkers by supporting us today for as little as $1.

Support The Post Millennial