An ongoing controversy for the Biden administration is the border crisis. Something that he recently delegated VP Kamala Harris to, even though she laughed in reaction to someone asking her if she would be visiting the US/Mexico border.
One of the most glaring aspects of the situation was that the White House unofficially enacted a sort of media blackout, stopping the mainstream media from getting a proper inside tour. It spurred on Texas Senator Ted Cruz to lead his own party of politicians on a journey down there last week.
That’s what makes today’s thread from CBS News Homeland Security & Justice reporter Nicole Sganga significant. She and others in the media got a tour of a migrant facility in Donna, Texas.
“The Biden admin allowed pooled coverage for the first time. We saw a “pod” designed for 32 migrant children under CDC guidelines now holding 615.The facility is at 1700% pandemic capacity,” Sganga writes.
In a later tweet she elaborates on that point, saying the overcrowding balloons the monthly facility upkeep cost to $16 million USD per month (ten million dollars more than expected).
Based on the descriptions alone the American public can confirm for themselves the Biden border crisis is the sad reality.
- (3:35 PM · Mar 30, 2021) “Unaccompanied migrant children ages 4 months - 9 years old are now being held in the recreational area around the clock because there’s no just room for them in the dormitory areas.”
- (3:38 PM · Mar 30, 2021) “The outdoor recreational area is being used to stage COVID testing before unaccompanied migrant children are transferred to HHS facilities. We counted more than 50 COVID positive (and largely asymptomatic) kids waiting for their quarantined bus right next to a soccer game.”
- (3:41 PM · Mar 30, 2021) "More than 2000 migrants at the temporary processing facility in Donna, TX have been here for over the legal limit of 72 hours. Senior CBP officials told reporters more than 1200 migrants are processed and waiting to be transferred to HHS facilities. HHS has nowhere to put them."
- (3:44 PM · Mar 30, 2021) “At least 39 unaccompanied migrant children have been in the temporary processing facility for more than 15 DAYS, Acting Executive Officer for RGV Operational Programs Division, Oscar Escamilla, told reporters. The legal limit is 72 hours.”
- (3:50 PM · Mar 30, 2021) “Raul Ortiz, Deputy Chief of U.S. Border Patrol, told reporters CBP agents now see “self-separation” by families expelled under Title 42. Unaccompanied migrant children re-cross the border without their parents so they can seek legal asylum within the United States.”
- (4:02 PM · Mar 30, 2021) Deputy Chief of the U.S. Border Patrol, Raul Ortiz, told reporters @CBP anticipates *more than 1 million encounters* of migrants at the U.S.-Mexico border in FY 2021 alone.
- (4:26 PM · Mar 30, 2021) "Pool reporters stumbled upon 27 unaccompanied migrant children and young families outside of Mission, TX.One mother of a two-month old recounted to @cbsmireya how she fled Guatemala in a raft because there was just too much violence and poverty to stay."
This is on top of the last few days of border related stories. Which includes video of Del Rio Sector Border Patrol agents trying to revive a 9-year-old girl who drowned. Despite the humanitarian disasters, the Associated Press is telling staff not to call the situation at the US-Mexico border a crisis. This is in spite of ongoing revealed facts like that yesterday Project Veritas interviewed a border patrol insider showing that arrests of sex offenders at the border is at a five-year high.