Virginia 6-year-old boy who shot, wounded teacher bragged, ‘I shot that b*tch dead’: police

The boy faces no charges for the shooting.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
Recently uncovered search warrants pertaining to the 6-year-old boy who shot and injured his teacher in Virginia have revealed that he had boasted about his attack to a school employee, declaring, “I shot that b*tch dead.”

The boy had shot a teacher at Abigail Zwerner at the Richneck Elementary School, allegedly using his mother's gun. His mother pleaded guilty to federal charges for using drugs, specifically marijuana, while owning a gun. She faces futher felony charges at the state level for child neglect and reckless gun storage, per The New York Post.



“I did it … I shot that b*tch dead,” the boy said, according to documents. “I got my mom’s gun last night.”

The 25-year-old teacher suffered a collapsed lung in addition to other traumatic injuries as a result of the attack. She has since left her job with the school and has filed a lawsuit against the district for $40 million.

Records from the case say that the child pulled the pistol out of his pocket before then pointing it at Zwerner. She promptly asked, “What are you doing with that?” Zwerner was then shot in her left hand and upper torso, per the affidavit. 

Zwerner claimed that the this is not the first time she has been attacked by the boy; she says he previously choked her in September 2021.

“This affiant was able to obtain limited school records pertaining to [the student] from Child Protective Services,” the document reportedly states.

It adds that the incident she described “is not found in these records. This affiant believes that [the kindergarten teacher’s] incident and possibly others were not readily provided by Newport News Public Schools...”

Taylor's lawyer, James Ellenson, revealed to CNN on Tuesday that Taylor plans to plead guilty for the child neglect charge alone, with the reckless firearm handling charge set to be dismissed once the plea agreement is set. 

“The cap for sentencing on the child neglect charge is six months,” Ellenson said. Sentencing is expected for October.

The Newport News School District cited the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act, which they say prevents schools "from releasing information from a student’s education record."
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
Sign in to comment

Comments

Dean

Where be the daddy? Oops, sorry. My bad.

Dean

Is it too soon to think about reserving a prison cell for the young rabid animal?

Powered by The Post Millennial CMS™ Comments

Join and support independent free thinkers!

We’re independent and can’t be cancelled. The establishment media is increasingly dedicated to divisive cancel culture, corporate wokeism, and political correctness, all while covering up corruption from the corridors of power. The need for fact-based journalism and thoughtful analysis has never been greater. When you support The Post Millennial, you support freedom of the press at a time when it's under direct attack. Join the ranks of independent, free thinkers by supporting us today for as little as $1.

Support The Post Millennial

Remind me next month

To find out what personal data we collect and how we use it, please visit our Privacy Policy

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
By signing up you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy
ADVERTISEMENT
© 2024 The Post Millennial, Privacy Policy | Do Not Sell My Personal Information