American News Jul 28, 2021 5:01 PM EST

WATCH: Dinesh D'Souza talks to Jan 6 protestor about 'what it's like to be a political prisoner in Biden's America'

Michael Curzio was held for six months on charges of misdemeanor trespassing and disorderly conduct.

WATCH: Dinesh D'Souza talks to Jan 6 protestor about 'what it's like to be a political prisoner in Biden's America'
Hannah Nightingale Washington DC
Custom made fan favorite Jerseys starting at $24.99
Custom made fan favorite Jerseys starting at $24.99 with Fansidea

On Tuesday's episode of the Dinesh D'Souza Podcast, Dinesh D'Souza talked with Michael Curzio, who was one of many arrested after entering the Capitol building on January 6. Curzio was held for six months on charges of misdemeanor trespassing and disorderly conduct.

Curzio was arrested in early January for multiple misdemeanor charges stemming from entering the Capitol building on January 6. He was recently released from jail on July 14.

He stated that he didn't go to DC that day just to support former President Donald Trump, but for a wide range of reasons including feelings of being oppressed by the government and the lockdowns that were inspired by the pandemic.

"Well, myself, like millions of other people last year, 2020 was a horrendous year for everyone. And I had started a business and I was actually successful first starting off. And once the pandemic hit, it seemed like certain government officials were trying to basically put their foot on the American people's neck, and people couldn't, you know, they didn't know where the economy was going," said Curzio.

"People couldn't afford their rents or their bills, and everything was uncertain," Curzio added.

"So I, myself and millions of other people, we just had enough of it. We were tired of being oppressed," Curzio continued. "And I went there to have my voice be heard and just you know, enough is enough. We are Americans, this is a free country. And we need to be able to do our part, and live and survive without being told that we can't go out of our houses or we can't work."

On January 6, Curzio entered the Capitol building with others. D'Souza noted that he wasn't armed, and didn't fight or assault anyone.

Speaking as to why he entered the building that day, Curzio said he wanted his voice be heard by the government which "didn't want to hear what we had to say."

"My personal reason for going in there was just to have my voice be heard. When I entered the building, I was yelling, we're not Antifa, don't smash anything, don't break anything. Don't loot, don't fight with the police. We just want to have our voices be heard," said Curzio.

"I didn't do anything violent. I walked through a door where there was approximately six officers standing 20 feet away from it, that we're just letting people walk in. And nobody told us to stop. Nobody told us to leave… at least the areas where I was. And me personally, I didn't hear anybody," he continued.

Curzio said that he spoke with officers inside the building, and told them that he hoped the officers made it home safe to their families, and urged them to side with those that entered the building.

"All this insurrection and overthrowing the government, to the contrary, we wanted the government to do the right thing and do its job is actually what we wanted," Curzio explained.

Curzio was arrested on January 14 by his home in Florida for being there on January 6, but clarified that he had previously been arrested and released.

"I was arrested in the Capitol building on January 6 by DC police. I was held for approximately seven hours and then I was released with a notice to appear in a citation for unlawful entry of a Capitol Building. I was given a court date for June 10, 2021, and I was sent on my way. I made it all the way back home," said Curzio.

On January 14, Curzio said he was pulled over five miles from his home by two grey SUVs as well as local law enforcement.

"I had six guns held out on me, at that point I only had two misdemeanors. I have six guns drawn on me, yelling and screaming at me cursing at me, telling me to get the f out of my truck. I opened my door, they grabbed me... and then they threw me in the back of a squad car and took me to jail.

Curzio was then placed in jail, being held in Marion County jail in solitary confinement until he was moved to a DC jail on February 3. He originally had two misdemeanor charges, but that was doubled to four just five days after being placed in jail. Those charges included trespassing and disorderly conduct, but did not include sedition, according to D'Souza.

Ads by revcontent

Join and support independent free thinkers!

We’re independent and can’t be cancelled. The establishment media is increasingly dedicated to divisive cancel culture, corporate wokeism, and political correctness, all while covering up corruption from the corridors of power. The need for fact-based journalism and thoughtful analysis has never been greater. When you support The Post Millennial, you support freedom of the press at a time when it's under direct attack. Join the ranks of independent, free thinkers by supporting us today for as little as $1.

Support The Post Millennial