16-year-old dead, 3 injured after shooting at high school football game in Choctaw, Oklahoma

The hunt for the suspect remains ongoing.


In Choctaw, Oklahoma, four people were shot at a high school football game. One victim, who is a student, went to the hospital to be treated for a shot to her thigh. Details surrounding the three others are still unclear.  

In previous live coverage of the game on local channel Skordle, shots can be heard and players from Del-City High and the local high school in Choctaw can be seen running to the sidelines.  

Mark Rodgers, a reporter covering the game for The Sports Animal, told KOCO News that the shots sounded when there were five minutes left in the third quarter. 

Choctaw Police Chief Kelly Marshall spoke to reporters about the incident afterward. Marshall said that about 35 officers responded to the incident and that the one victim was a female high school student with a wound to her thigh. She was treated and is now out of the hospital. 

No suspects have been announced in the investigation. Police described the suspect as a "black male with a gray hoodie." Marshall said that the department is hoping to have more details on the suspect by midday Saturday. The shooter took off after the incident occurred.  

Del City Police Chief Loyd Berger, also spoke to reporters alongside Marshall.  

One of the officers from the nearby town of Del City was involved in the incident and fired his weapon. It is unclear what was going on at the time that he did.  

"I know one of our officers was involved and discharged his weapon,” Berger told reporters. “As far as at who or if he hit anything, I really don’t know.” 

Superintendents David Redi and Rick Cobb of Choctaw-Nicoma Park Schools and Mid-Del City Schools released a statement about the shooting for families who were affected and the general student body of the school districts.

"Our thoughts and prayers go out to all affected by tonight’s incident. Both districts are working jointly with the police presence from Choctaw, Del City, and Oklahoma County in an ongoing investigation," the statement said. "The police will provide further details as they become available.”

Sign in to comment


Powered by The Post Millennial CMS™ Comments

Join and support independent free thinkers!

We’re independent and can’t be cancelled. The establishment media is increasingly dedicated to divisive cancel culture, corporate wokeism, and political correctness, all while covering up corruption from the corridors of power. The need for fact-based journalism and thoughtful analysis has never been greater. When you support The Post Millennial, you support freedom of the press at a time when it's under direct attack. Join the ranks of independent, free thinkers by supporting us today for as little as $1.

Support The Post Millennial

Remind me next month

To find out what personal data we collect and how we use it, please visit our Privacy Policy

By signing up you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy
© 2024 The Post Millennial, Privacy Policy | Do Not Sell My Personal Information