In response to reporting that said the Biden administration is considering paying migrants who were separated at the border under the Trump administration, Biden on Wednesday said the claims are "garbage" and false.
"There were reports that were surfacing that your administration is planning to pay illegal immigrants who are separated from their families at the border up to $450,000 each, possibly a million dollars per family. Do you think that that might incentivize more people to come over illegally?" Fox News' Peter Doocy asked.
"If you guys keep sending that garbage out? Yeah," Biden said. "But it's not true."
"So this is a garbage report?" Doocy asked.
"Yeah," Biden responded. "$450,000 per person, Is that what you're saying?"
"That was separated from a family member at the border under the last administration," Doocy said.
"That's not going to happen," Biden stated.
The Wall Street Journal reported last week that the Biden administration is currently in talks to offer migrant families who came over the border illegally during the Trump administration and were separated around $450,000 per person in compensation.
The payments would come as settlements for lawsuits filed on behalf parents and children who said that the government had subjected them to psychological trauma.
Join and support independent free thinkers!
We’re independent and can’t be cancelled. The establishment media is increasingly dedicated to divisive cancel culture, corporate wokeism, and political correctness, all while covering up corruption from the corridors of power. The need for fact-based journalism and thoughtful analysis has never been greater. When you support The Post Millennial, you support freedom of the press at a time when it's under direct attack. Join the ranks of independent, free thinkers by supporting us today for as little as $1.
Remind me next month