ADVERTISEMENT

BREAKING: Ford calls for end of 'illegal occupation and blockade' at Ambassador Bridge

"I have spoken to both Mayor Drew Dilkens and Mayor Mike Bradley and told them the province is ready to provide any support we can offer," he said.

ADVERTISEMENT
Image
Roberto Wakerell-Cruz Montreal QC
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Ontario Premier Doug Ford called for an end to the "illegal occupation and blockade happening in Ontario," as the Ambassador Bridge remains blocked by protestors.

"The ongoing illegal occupation and blockade happening in Ontario must stop. The Ambassador Bridge is one of the most vital trade corridors in our country. The damage this is causing to our economy, to people's jobs and their livelihoods is totally unacceptable. We cannot let this continue.

"I have spoken to both Mayor Drew Dilkens and Mayor Mike Bradley and told them the province is ready to provide any support we can offer," he wrote.

"I remain confident that our police forces in Ontario, along with Royal Canadian Mounted Police and Canadian Border Services Agency, will take the appropriate steps to address the evolving situations in our cities and bring them to an end," Ford's statement, released Wednesday, concluded.

Earlier today, Windsor Mayor Drew Dilkens said that officials at the provincial and federal level had already been contacted, in search of additional resources to help clear the area.

The premier has been clear in his stance on all protests taking over Canada. He recently said that it was time to let the people of Ottawa "get back to their lives," and that truckers involved in the Freedom Convoy protests should end their protests.

"There's a million people that live in Ottawa. I hear you. I hear the protestors. The province hears the protestors. The country hears the protestors. Now it's time to let the people in Ottawa get back to their lives," said Ford.

"These businesses that have been closed for a while now—the restaurants want to reopen. I get it. I hear you, but we have to let the people of Ottawa live their lives," he said.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
N/A by N/A is licensed under N/A

Join and support independent free thinkers!

We’re independent and can’t be cancelled. The establishment media is increasingly dedicated to divisive cancel culture, corporate wokeism, and political correctness, all while covering up corruption from the corridors of power. The need for fact-based journalism and thoughtful analysis has never been greater. When you support The Post Millennial, you support freedom of the press at a time when it's under direct attack. Join the ranks of independent, free thinkers by supporting us today for as little as $1.

Support The Post Millennial

Remind me in September

We will use this to send you a single email in September 2020. To find out what personal data we collect and how we use it, please visit our Privacy Policy

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
By signing up you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy
ADVERTISEMENT
© 2022 The Post Millennial, Privacy Policy