Canadian News

BREAKING: Poilievre scolds Trudeau Liberals for giving speeches about cartoon characters to hold up WE investigation

"They've given a speech on the cartoon character Polkaroo. Imagine your a small business owner and you turn on the television to find out what the finance committee is doing to save your business, and you see a Liberal MP giving an extensive speech on the cartoon character Polkaroo."

Roberto Wakerell-Cruz Montreal, QC
Join the ranks of independent, free thinkers by supporting us today for as little as $1.
Support The Post Millennial

If big tech continues censoring conservatives, that means our days on these platforms may be numbered. Please take a minute to sign up to our mailing list so we can stay in touch with you, our community. Subscribe Now!

Conservative Shadow Minister of Finance Pierre Poilievre held a press conference on Monday to propose a solution to end the Liberal filibuster at the Finance Committee "over the WE scandal cover-up."

Poilievre noted that while Canada has the second highest unemployment in the G7 "outside of socialist Italy" and the largest deficit in the G20, that the Trudeau Liberals had not proposed a budget in a record 18 months.

"We're headed quickly towards a financial crisis, if we don't act... Every province and territory has been able to produce a government, but not the Trudeau government. Germany, the United Kingdom, France, and Japan have all been able to introduce budgets during COVID, but not Justin Trudeau."

Poilievre criticized the Liberals for "paralyzing" the Parliamentary Finance Committee to "cover up the WE documents," saying that Liberal filibusters have given Canadians "30 hours of speeches, over 171,000 words spoken," but zero transparency.

"There are speeches about the Christian bible, the Jewish Torah, the ancient Islamic scripts of the Quran. They've given a speech on the cartoon character Polkaroo. Imagine your a small business owner and you turn on the television to find out what the finance committee is doing to save your business, and you see a Liberal MP giving an extensive speech on the cartoon character Polkaroo in order to run down the clock so that no one can find out what's behind the black ink on those WE documents," said the Carleton MP.

Poilievre proposed a "compromise" to get the committee "back to work."

"The government claims that many of these documents are blacked out because there are cabinet secrets in them," said Poilievre, noting that 46 percent of the black outs are justifiable on those grounds. He said the other 54 percent are blacked out for "other reasons."

"Why don't we take all of those documents... and just put them aside, and give the other 54 percent of the documents to the parliamentary law clerk, the non partisan lawyer of the House of Commons who represents all 338 MPs," said Poilievre.

Poilievre urged Trudeau to accept the terms of conditions, saying that the prime minister would accept quickly if he indeed had "nothing to hide."

Poilievre had previously scolded Trudeau and the Liberals on August 19, while displaying several pages of the "unsealed" 5,000 documents that were provided.

Many of the pages had information that was completely redacted. These blacked out documents include emails between the Kielburgers, former Finance Minister Bill Morneau, and other government officials in the PMO.

Join and support independent free thinkers!

We’re independent and can’t be cancelled. The establishment media is increasingly dedicated to divisive cancel culture, corporate wokeism, and political correctness, all while covering up corruption from the corridors of power. The need for fact-based journalism and thoughtful analysis has never been greater. When you support The Post Millennial, you support freedom of the press at a time when it's under direct attack. Join the ranks of independent, free thinkers by supporting us today for as little as $1.

Support The Post Millennial
Ads