img

BREAKING: Supreme Court allows White House ballroom construction to continue

Roberts ruled that the preliminary injunction of the lower court "is hereby stayed pending further order of the undersigned or of the court."

Roberts ruled that the preliminary injunction of the lower court "is hereby stayed pending further order of the undersigned or of the court."

Image
Libby Emmons Brooklyn NY

Chief Justice Roberts of the United States Supreme Court has ruled that work on the White House ballroom can go forward despite a lower court's ruling demanding that it be stopped and the now-demolished East Wing be restored. The ruling comes just in time, as the DC Circuit Court of Appeals had previously ruled that construction must stop at midnight Friday and not resume.

Roberts issued an administrative stay which reads: "It is ordered that the preliminary injunction entered on April 16, 2026, by the United States District Court for the District of Columbia... is hereby stayed pending further order of the undersigned or of the court." It is not clear what further action, if any, the high court intends to take.


Trump praised the decision, saying "we are grateful for the Decision of the United States Supreme Court. the Military/Ballroom Complex being built on the hallowed grounds of the White House, which is so vital for National Security, will be THE GREATEST OF ITS KIND! It is something that Presidents have wantd for 150 years, and that the Military has been seeking for the last 100 years. Their wish will soon be fulfilled! Construction is under budget and ahead of schedule."



Lower courts have claimed that the ballroom, designed and built under President Donald Trump's supervision, is not permitted because Congress has not given authorization. Trump has said that the project is not using taxpayer funds for construction, which is expected to cost about $400 million.

The National Trust for Historic Preservation also got into the act, saying that presidents do not have authority to make these kinds of substantive changes to the White House. Every president has made some changes, great or small, to the structure that came into use as a presidential residence under America's second president, John Adams.

Solicitor General D. John Sauer brought the ask to continue building to the Supreme Court in hopes of vacating the lower court's order. He said that the renovations being done to that section of the White House, which will result in a ballroom as well as national security features and a bomb shelter, are "absolutely required and should not be enjoined."

Sauer noted in his argument that there have been numerous threats made to the president's life, both on the campaign trail and since he took office in January 2025. At this point, the ballroom is already "65% complete," Sauer said, and it's "moving quickly toward total completion."

That work is being undertaken by a 250-person crew working 20-hour days seven days per week. The structure is five stories deep into the ground beneath the White House, 70 feet high, and 90,000 square feet. While the project will be completed before Trump completes his second and final term, the benefits of the ballroom, Trump has said, will primarily be for future leaders of the free world.

Sign in to comment

Comments

Powered by The Post Millennial CMS™ Comments

Join and support independent free thinkers!

We’re independent and can’t be cancelled. The establishment media is increasingly dedicated to divisive cancel culture, corporate wokeism, and political correctness, all while covering up corruption from the corridors of power. The need for fact-based journalism and thoughtful analysis has never been greater. When you support The Post Millennial, you support freedom of the press at a time when it's under direct attack. Join the ranks of independent, free thinkers by supporting us today for as little as $1.

Support The Post Millennial

Remind me next month

To find out what personal data we collect and how we use it, please visit our Privacy Policy

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
By signing up you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy
ADVERTISEMENT
© 2026 The Post Millennial, Privacy Policy