Critics blast Washington Dems, law enforcement for allowing pro-Hamas agitators to block freeway

According to sources, Democratic Seattle Mayor Bruce Harrell, who was in Houston during the crisis, gave the order to Police Chief Adrian Diaz.

Ari Hoffman Seattle WA
Law enforcement agencies in Washington continue to face backlash for not arresting any of the pro-Hamas activists that blocked the I-5 freeway in downtown Seattle for 6 hours, trapping motorists and ambulances on Saturday with many residents pointing the finger of blame at local politicians for failing to act.

Video of the pro-Hamas activists blocking the freeway showed an ambulance with its lights on, stuck in the 6-mile backup.

The Computer Aided Dispatch (CAD) log showed an "AMR (American Medical Response) incident" was "marked as late" as was the SFD response to another "active incident." It is unclear if this is the same AMR ambulance or if the log is referencing another incident. It is also unclear what those specific incidents were.

In a statement, an AMR spokesperson told The Ari Hoffman Show on Talk Radio 570 KVI, "AMR did not experience any significant delays during the time I-5 was shut down." However, when asked what an "insignificant" delay was, how many "insignificant" delays there were, and what the incident in question was, there was no response.

Dr. Nick Mark posted on X, "My hospital had to activate an emergency plan because ambulances were stuck and employees couldn’t get to work, but by all means be ultra considerate of the terrorist stans."

He added, "Here’s a photo of an ambulance stuck behind the protesters blocking the interstate. How’d you feel if your loved one couldn’t get to the hospital?"

In a statement to Senior Fellow for the Discovery Institute Jonathan Choe, the Washington State Patrol, which had jurisdiction over the freeway said, “…this was a large and complicated scene of intentional and coordinated disruption that was handled as expeditiously as safety would allow.  WSP appreciates the exceptional partnership and support by SPD and WSDOT, and each involved agency did the best they could with the tools, resources, and personnel available.” 

Residents were skeptical of the agency’s claims that “The investigation of yesterday’s incident continues and as is our practice, policy, and duty, those found to have engaged in criminal activity will be held accountable.”

WSP was ordered, during the George Floyd riots in Seattle in 2020, to allow BLM and Antifa activists to block the freeway during the deadly occupation of the city’s Capitol Hill neighborhood. Rather than preventing the protesters from blocking the freeway, the WSP began closing the freeway at set times each night for the activists, despite the danger and traffic delays.

During one of the WSP closures, Dawit Kelete broke one of the state patrol’s blockades and drove onto the closed freeway, fatally striking activist Summer Taylor, 24, and seriously injuring Diaz Love, 32, both of whom identified as non-binary. He was sentenced to 6 and a half years in prison.

Hours after the fatal collision, WSP discontinued the dangerous policy, but Taylor's and Love’s families, as well as other activists, have filed lawsuits against Seattle, Washington State, and law enforcement for failing to protect the activists who were shutting down the freeway.

The King County Sheriff's Office said in a statement to The Ari Hoffman Show on Talk Radio 570 KVI that deputies were ordered to block I-5 on-ramps "to prevent vehicles from colliding with protesters," and acknowledged that the ambulances had been blocked. Deputies “gained the cooperation of protestors” to move their vehicles so that an ambulance could pass.

Additionally, the office under the direction of woke Sheriff Patricia Cole-Tindall said it "respects the rights" of pro-Hamas activists to "peaceably assemble.”

The sheriff’s office added that deputies were "not involved in the removal of protestors" nor were they given orders to do so as the event was managed by Washington State Patrol and the Seattle Police Department.”

Sources who wished to remain anonymous told The Post Millennial that the Seattle Police Department “was for sure” given an order not to interfere with the pro-Hamas activists blocking streets and overpasses and gaining entry to the freeway. The department was working in a support capacity with the WSP and issued two dispersion orders to the mob after hours of the blockade, but failed to act when the Hamas supporters failed to comply.

When discussing how the anti-Israel activists were emboldened by their success and that no arrests were made, one of the sources told The Post Millennial, “’24 is going to be nuts,” implying that future actions were anticipated.

While the blockade shut down traffic, Democratic Seattle Mayor Bruce Harrell was in Houston to watch the University of Washington Huskies lose in the College Football Playoff National Championship, and did not comment on the blockade. Neither did Governor Jay Inslee nor Attorney General Bob Ferguson. Both spent the day posting about the Jan 6, 2021 riot at the US Capitol and since have posted about the UW Huskies loss in the championship but have stayed silent on the blockade.

The Post Millennial previously revealed that Seattle police had been ordered by Harrell to allow anti-Israel demonstrators to seize control of a major bridge during rush hour traffic and that the Coast Guard had even been asked to stop boat traffic. Pro-Hamas activists were also allowed to interrupt The Emerald City's annual downtown Christmas tree lighting ceremony.

Republican gubernatorial candidate Dave Reichert posted a statement to X that said, “Like many of you I'm tired of watching the few violate the rights of many. I'm tired of those few not respecting the rights and freedoms of their families friends and neighbors.”

“Today's protest displayed the continued disintegration of our society. The voices of Americans should be heard and we all have that right. Those voices can be raised and more likely listened to when presented lawfully, peacefully, and respectfully. Blocking traffic for hours on I-5 and stomping on the rights of others is not respectful and creates serious safety concerns.

“This disrespect is unlawful and the display not only prevents first responders from going to emergency calls but disrupts the lives of thousands. Freedom of speech is cherished in Washington state but it cannot violate the rights of families, friends, and neighbors.”

Hamas supporters have been marching in Seattle since terrorists massacred over 1,200 people in Israel and kidnapped more than 200 on Oct. 7. Over 130 people remain hostages of Hamas terrorists in Gaza.
Sign in to comment


Powered by The Post Millennial CMS™ Comments

Join and support independent free thinkers!

We’re independent and can’t be cancelled. The establishment media is increasingly dedicated to divisive cancel culture, corporate wokeism, and political correctness, all while covering up corruption from the corridors of power. The need for fact-based journalism and thoughtful analysis has never been greater. When you support The Post Millennial, you support freedom of the press at a time when it's under direct attack. Join the ranks of independent, free thinkers by supporting us today for as little as $1.

Support The Post Millennial

Remind me next month

To find out what personal data we collect and how we use it, please visit our Privacy Policy

By signing up you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy
© 2024 The Post Millennial, Privacy Policy | Do Not Sell My Personal Information