Ontario Premier Doug Ford said that the province was inching closer to ending its mask mandate, though it would not be done until it is doctor-approved.
When asked about the mask mandate at a press conference on Monday, he said that the province is not "far away."
Ford set that we should "all continue working together... What I'm hearing (is) over the next few weeks, maybe after March Break," he said, according to CP24.
Ford reminded that the "after March Break" timeline is not a "set date."
Ford made clear that he was in favour of dropping the mask mandate, but said that he would await the go-ahead by Chief Medical Officer of Health Dr. Kieran Moore.
"We'll wait for his advice and recommendations and once he gives us recommendations we’ll be able to move forward," Ford said. "There isn't a person I talk to who likes these masks, no one likes them, but I have to follow the advice."
Moore said last week that the mask mandate would likely be lifted at the same time that it lifts in schools, saying that mask mandates would be lifted "simultaneously" across several sectors.
Ontario will be dropping its COVID-19 restrictions for bars, including the vaccine passport, tomorrow.