The federal government has released an updated list of international flights that have arrived in Canada containing coronavirus infected passengers. Five of those flights containing infected passengers arrived in Toronto since the beginning of August.
CTV reports that the flights between Aug. 1 and Aug. 4 had travellers who later tested positive for COVID-19 after arriving in Canada. It is mandatory for the passengers of all international flights arriving in Canada to self-isolate for 14 days regardless of their symptoms.
The August international flights included in the updated version of the list are :
- Air Transit flight TS831 from Punta Cana to Toronto on Aug. 1
- Pakistan International Airlines flight PK797 from Lahore to Toronto on Aug. 2
- Etihad Airways flight EY141 from Abu Dhabi to Toronto on Aug. 2
- United Airlines flight UA3488 from Newark to Toronto on Aug. 3
- Air Canada flight AC7682 from Chicago to Toronto on Aug. 4
The information posted to the government website is provided by provincial and territorial health authorities, international health authorities and public website.
The information on the website is updated once a day and is not exhaustive. Information is gathered through reports received from provincial and territorial health authorities, international health authorities and public websites.