img

Ohio mom charged with murder of her daughters buried in suitcases, pleads not guilty, competency evaluation ordered

Aliyah Henderson, 28, was charged with two counts of aggravated murder in the deaths of her two young daughters Mila Chatman and Amor Wilson.

Aliyah Henderson, 28, was charged with two counts of aggravated murder in the deaths of her two young daughters Mila Chatman and Amor Wilson.

An Ohio mother has been charged with the murder of her two young daughters, who were found buried in suitcases in Cleveland earlier this year.

Aliyah Henderson, 28, was charged with two counts of aggravated murder in the deaths of her two young daughters, Mila Chatman and Amor Wilson. Mila was 8, and Amor was 10 at the time of their deaths. They were discovered after a man walking his dog found a partially buried suitcase near Ginn Academy in Ohio and then called authorities on March 2.

After responding to the call, officers found two shallow graves of the young girls who had been shoved and then buried in the suitcases.

Mila's father, DeShaun Chatman, said that he had been pursuing custody of his daughter for five years, per Fox News, including times when he sought emergency custody of the child. "Mila was happy-go-lucky, always smiling," Chatman said. "Favorite color was pink — she swore that she was a princess. She was always happy. She was a kid’s kid."

The Cuyahoga County Medical Examiner is still examining how the two girls were killed, according to 19 News. Since the killings, Henderson has been ordered by a judge to undergo a competency evaluation. The judge overseeing her trial, Cuyahoga County Common Pleas Court Judge William Vodrey, referred her to the Court Psychiatric Clinic.

Henderson will have a 20-day inpatient competency evaluation at Northcoast Behavioral Healthcare as soon as a bed there is ready for her. She has pleaded not guilty to the charges against her daughters.

Sign in to comment

Comments

Powered by The Post Millennial CMS™ Comments

Join and support independent free thinkers!

We’re independent and can’t be cancelled. The establishment media is increasingly dedicated to divisive cancel culture, corporate wokeism, and political correctness, all while covering up corruption from the corridors of power. The need for fact-based journalism and thoughtful analysis has never been greater. When you support The Post Millennial, you support freedom of the press at a time when it's under direct attack. Join the ranks of independent, free thinkers by supporting us today for as little as $1.

Support The Post Millennial

Remind me next month

To find out what personal data we collect and how we use it, please visit our Privacy Policy

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
By signing up you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy
ADVERTISEMENT
© 2026 The Post Millennial, Privacy Policy