Rep. Liz Cheney (R-WY), the Vice Chair of the House January 6 committee investigating the 2021 riot at the US Capitol, is sending letters to individuals that have been subpoenaed by the committee asking for campaign contributions.
Megan Small, who served as director of operations for the Trump administration and was subpoenaed by the committee in September of last year, posted on Twitter Monday that she received a mailer from Cheney's campaign asking for donations.
"Hey @Liz_Cheney, is it standard operating procedure on the Jan. 6 committee to ask subpoenaed witnesses for campaign contributions?," Small said in a Twitter post.
Small, who spoke before the committee earlier this year, told The Post Millennial that she has been harassed by the committee for more than a year despite not being on Capitol grounds that day.
"I did not step a single foot onto the grounds of the Capitol, yet for over a year I've been harassed and maligned in the press through leaks from the committee. I received my subpoena via tweet 2 days before my wedding, had to beg the committee to let me go on my honeymoon, and spent the entire day afraid of marshals showing up to serve people," Small told The Post Millennial.
"And now Liz Cheney sends me a solicitation to give her money while her committee still has the ability to refer witnesses, like me, for criminal prosecution. The goal of this committee is to scare conservatives from working in politics. It won't work on me," she added.
Cheney, alongside Adam Kinzinger, were the only two Republican representatives to vote in favor of the select committee's creation, which resulted in both of them being selected to serve on the committee.
Megan Small is one of many who have been targeted by Speaker Nancy Pelosi's (D-CA) witch hunt into the January 6 attack on the US Capitol following former President Trump's "Stop The Steal" rally. More than 100 "witnesses" have been subpoenaed and only one has ended in a DEpartment of Justice indictment, former President Donald Trump's trade adviser Peter Navarro.
Navarro was indicted earlier this month by a federal grand jury for two counts of contempt of Congress, after he refused to comply with a subpoena issued by the January 6 House Select Committee.
According to NBC News, Navarro refused to appear on March 2 to testify in response to a subpoena handed down by the committee, and also refused to give the committee by February 23 documents that the same subpoena sought.
If convicted, Navarro could face jail time of a minimum of 30 days for each count, with the maximum being 1 year for each. Navarro could also face a fine reaching upwards of $100,000.
The committee is set to hold its first public hearing on Thursday, June 9.
Join and support independent free thinkers!
We’re independent and can’t be cancelled. The establishment media is increasingly dedicated to divisive cancel culture, corporate wokeism, and political correctness, all while covering up corruption from the corridors of power. The need for fact-based journalism and thoughtful analysis has never been greater. When you support The Post Millennial, you support freedom of the press at a time when it's under direct attack. Join the ranks of independent, free thinkers by supporting us today for as little as $1.
Remind me next month