Canadian News

Torontonians demand freedom from COVID-19 restrictions in second 'March for Freedom'

The second “March for Freedom” took to the streets of Toronto on Saturday. Organized by The Line Canada but attended by people with a host of different beliefs, they marched for the common purpose of ending COVID-19-induced restrictions across the country.

Beth Baisch Toronto, ON
Join the ranks of independent, free thinkers by supporting us today for as little as $1.
Support The Post Millennial
As the big tech tyrants tighten their grip, join us for more free speech at Parler—the anti-censorship social media platform.

The second “March for Freedom” took to the streets of Toronto on Saturday. Organized by The Line Canada but attended by people with a host of different beliefs, they marched for the common purpose of ending COVID-19-induced restrictions across the country.

Although a smaller turnout than last week, organizer Lamont Daigle said “as long as one person stands at the legislature, as long as one person stands at Dundas Square and says ‘I do not consent’, we have a voice.” Around 1000 people attended the event.

Mainstream media outlets were largely absent from the previous event, and downplayed numbers as being around or over 100 people when the actual number in attendance was closer to 3000. When asked about this discrepancy, media liaison George said “As is the case with mainstream media who have been downplaying expert scrutiny, they similarly want to to diminish the validity of our protests.”

People’s Party of Canada leader Maxime Bernier was in attendance. Speaking to The Post Millennial, when asked why he felt it was important to support the protestors, Bernier said “The Second Wave is here, right across the country. But it is a second wave of more socialism in our country with the Trudeau government spending money that we don’t have.”

He added that “People are looking at their future, and the future is not bright.”

The march passed by CBC and CTV, and protestors took the opportunity to express their strong distrust for mainstream media. “You’re a bunch of cowards! Tell the truth!” protestors could be heard screaming.

According to the current provincial guidelines, outdoor gatherings are now capped at 25 people. When asked if he’s afraid of getting ticketed, Daigle said “As an organizer, if we get ticketed, we will fight the ticket in a precedent-setting class action suit. Once that opens up, they can’t go back.”

One protester, Nini, said “We have a right to protest, unlike in my own country. Whether you agree or disagree, we’re allowed to be here. You can’t protest in Egypt—you’ll get shot or go to jail. The end. Here, it’s ok if we disagree.”

Join and support independent free thinkers!

We’re independent and can’t be cancelled. The establishment media is increasingly dedicated to divisive cancel culture, corporate wokeism, and political correctness, all while covering up corruption from the corridors of power. The need for fact-based journalism and thoughtful analysis has never been greater. When you support The Post Millennial, you support freedom of the press at a time when it's under direct attack. Join the ranks of independent, free thinkers by supporting us today for as little as $1.

Support The Post Millennial