Trump called father of teen slain in Seattle's occupied zone but Mayor Durkan has not

US President Donald Trump has reached out to offer his sympathies. Mayor Durkan, who called the zone a "block party" and talked about a "summer of love", has not.
Libby Emmons Brooklyn, NY

Horace Lorenzo Anderson’s son Horace Lorenzo Anderson Jr. was the first person killed in Seattle’s autonomous zone. Since his son’s tragic death at what supporters of the cause have termed a peaceful protest, US President Donald Trump has reached out to offer his sympathies.

Seattle Mayor Jenny Durkan, who called the zone a "block party," and fantasized about a "summer of love" in downtown Seattle, has not.

While Anderson said that he was appreciative of the President’s call, he said he still hasn’t heard from the Mayor. He told this to Matt Lorch, reporter for KCPQ-TV.

"I still ain’t heard from the mayor," Anderson said, "Incredibly, Donald Trump called me. The President of the United States called me today and talked to me today, and talked to me today."

"He gave his condolences, and me, I’m not a political guy. I told him I know nobody likes you, I’m real, I know nobody likes you. But on this camera I’ll tell you right now, Donald Trump called me. He didn’t have to call me, he didn’t have to do nothing."

With police absent from the six block area, replaced by self-deputized armed security, the area, called by occupiers the Capitol Hill Occupied Protest, was a seemingly peaceful protest by day turned lawless encampment by night. It was in the early hours of June 20 that Anderson’s son was killed.

Anderson appeared on Sean Hannity’s show on Fox and gave an interview that was a testament to his love for his son.

The shooting took place in the early morning hours of June 20. Videos emerged shortly after the shooting, showing medics trying to help those who had been shot. It was at 2:20 am that the Seattle Police Department was notified as to the shooting. The video showed people fleeing the scene on foot.

Homicide detectives attempted to investigate, but as the Seattle Police Department reported, they "attempted to locate a shooting victim but were met by a violent crowd that prevented officers' safe access to the victims."

At that time, the Mayor's office reported that her office was in close contact with Seattle police and fire departments. The murder of Horace Lorenzo Anderson remains unsolved.

Join us!

We’re independent and can’t be cancelled. The establishment media is increasingly dedicated to divisive cancel culture, corporate wokeism, and political correctness, all while covering up corruption from the corridors of power. The need for fact-based journalism and thoughtful analysis has never been greater. When you support The Post Millennial, you support freedom of the press at a time when it's under direct attack. Join the ranks of independent, free thinkers by supporting us today for as little as $1.

Thank You!

Accepted payment methods: Visa, Mastercard, American Express  and Paypal
Libby Emmons
Join The Discussion