Five people have been charged in Kenora, Ontario on Thursday, including one Winnipeg man. The Ontario Provincial Police caught the five suspects during a traffic stop that came at the end of an investigation into drug trafficking in the city.
Among the items seized are crystal meth with a street value of approximately $24,400, over $3,000 CAD; a gun; and other drug paraphernalia, reports CTV News Winnipeg.
Of those arrested include Tyler Mitchell from Winnipeg, as well as Katlynd Cronley-Polkinghorne, Kristianna Gray, Wayne Kejick, and Shelly Peetwayway who are all from Ontario.
Some of the chargesthey face include the following:
- Possession of Crystal Methamphetamine for the Purpose of Trafficking contrary to section 5(2) of the Controlled Drugs and Substances Act.
- Possession of Property Obtained by Crime Under $5000 contrary to section 354(1)(a) of the Criminal Code (CC)
- Occupant of Vehicle Knowing there was a Firearm contrary to section 94 CC
- Careless Storage of a Firearm, Weapon, Prohibited Device or Ammunition contrary to section 86(1) CC
- Possession of a Weapon for a Dangerous Purpose contrary to section 88 CC
- Unauthorized Possession of a Firearm contrary to section 91(1) CC
“The accused were held in custody and attended bail court on August 2, 2019 at the Kenora Courthouse,” reports NetNewsLedger’s James Murray.
Join and support independent free thinkers!
We’re independent and can’t be cancelled. The establishment media is increasingly dedicated to divisive cancel culture, corporate wokeism, and political correctness, all while covering up corruption from the corridors of power. The need for fact-based journalism and thoughtful analysis has never been greater. When you support The Post Millennial, you support freedom of the press at a time when it's under direct attack. Join the ranks of independent, free thinkers by supporting us today for as little as $1.
Remind me next month