Five people have been charged in Kenora, Ontario on Thursday, including one Winnipeg man. The Ontario Provincial Police caught the five suspects during a traffic stop that came at the end of an investigation into drug trafficking in the city.
Among the items seized are crystal meth with a street value of approximately $24,400, over $3,000 CAD; a gun; and other drug paraphernalia, reports CTV News Winnipeg.
Of those arrested include Tyler Mitchell from Winnipeg, as well as Katlynd Cronley-Polkinghorne, Kristianna Gray, Wayne Kejick, and Shelly Peetwayway who are all from Ontario.
Some of the chargesthey face include the following:
- Possession of Crystal Methamphetamine for the Purpose of Trafficking contrary to section 5(2) of the Controlled Drugs and Substances Act.
- Possession of Property Obtained by Crime Under $5000 contrary to section 354(1)(a) of the Criminal Code (CC)
- Occupant of Vehicle Knowing there was a Firearm contrary to section 94 CC
- Careless Storage of a Firearm, Weapon, Prohibited Device or Ammunition contrary to section 86(1) CC
- Possession of a Weapon for a Dangerous Purpose contrary to section 88 CC
- Unauthorized Possession of a Firearm contrary to section 91(1) CC
“The accused were held in custody and attended bail court on August 2, 2019 at the Kenora Courthouse,” reports NetNewsLedger’s James Murray.