img

Zymire Hughes ID'd as man who terrorized Center City Philadelphia in 'Chucky' mask, police say suspect may have fled PA

Philadelphia police said he may have fled the state and has ties to California and Nevada. A warrant is out for Hughes’ arrest. 

Philadelphia police said he may have fled the state and has ties to California and Nevada. A warrant is out for Hughes’ arrest. 

Image
Hannah Nightingale Washington DC

Philadelphia police have identified the suspect wanted for chasing down multiple people in the city earlier in the month while wearing a Chucky doll mask, telling one woman in the City Center area, “Are you ready to die?”

The suspect has been identified as 22-year-old Zymire Hughes, with Philadelphia police saying he may have fled the state and has ties to California and Nevada. A warrant is out for Hughes’ arrest. 

The suspect entered a Dunkin Donuts shortly after 5:20 am on August 12 while wearing a “distinctive, Chucky doll Halloween-style face mask,” said Police Capt. Jason Smith. Employees at the establishment refused to serve him due to his erratic behavior. 

After leaving the restaurant, the suspect allegedly approached several people in the surrounding area. Police say he appeared to be recording the encounters on his cellphone. At one point, he reportedly said something to a man wearing a reflective vest and then pursued him.

At around 5:30 am, he was seen in footage chasing down a 40-year-old woman who was jogging in the area of 1500 JFK Blvd, making threatening comments while holding his hand behind his back, saying, “Are you ready to die?” The woman stumbled and sustained an injury, police said. Following the incident, Hughes allegedly fled to the SEPTA Suburban Station.

Police say the suspect could face charges including terroristic threats, harassment, assault, reckless endangerment and intimidation. Smith also said authorities intend to pursue a weapons-related charge because the suspect reportedly kept his right arm behind his back while making the threat.

Sign in to comment

Comments

Powered by The Post Millennial CMS™ Comments

Join and support independent free thinkers!

We’re independent and can’t be cancelled. The establishment media is increasingly dedicated to divisive cancel culture, corporate wokeism, and political correctness, all while covering up corruption from the corridors of power. The need for fact-based journalism and thoughtful analysis has never been greater. When you support The Post Millennial, you support freedom of the press at a time when it's under direct attack. Join the ranks of independent, free thinkers by supporting us today for as little as $1.

Support The Post Millennial

Remind me next month

To find out what personal data we collect and how we use it, please visit our Privacy Policy

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
By signing up you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy
ADVERTISEMENT
© 2026 The Post Millennial, Privacy Policy