Biden will sign 17 executive orders from the Oval Office on Wednesday, reversing key Trump policies, some of which have barely been in effect for a few days.
The New York Times reports that "Mr. Biden’s actions largely fall into four broad categories that his aides described as the 'converging crises' he will inherit at noon Wednesday: the pandemic, economic struggles, immigration and diversity issues, and the environment and climate change."
This should come as no surprise, because Biden ran as the crisis candidate, touting the four major crises that he's planning to fix, regardless of whose rights he has to trample to do it.
- Mask mandate, requiring masking and social distancing in all federal buildings, federal lands, and by federal employees.
- Rejoin and refund the World Health Organization, making Dr. Anthony Fauci the liaison on coronavirus efforts.
- Reversal on immigration, which has already been cause for massive migrant caravans to form in Central America. Biden will "preserve and fortify" the Obama-era Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) program.
- Allow non-citizens to be counted in the census for the purpose of congressional apportionment, meaning that districts' amount of representation in the Congress will include representation for those who cannot vote.
- Biden will repeal the ban on travel from countries that harbor terrorists, primarily nations in the Middle East and Africa. Liberians will be disallowed from being deported. Immigrants in the US will be protected from deportation.
- Work on the border wall will be stopped.
- Biden will sign an order "requiring all federal agencies to make equity a central factor in their work. The order will, among other things, require that they deliver a report within 200 days to address how to remove barriers to opportunities in policies and programs."
- Biden will "direct federal agencies to conduct reviews looking to eliminate systemic discrimination in their policies and to reverse historic discrimination in safety net and other federal spending."
- Biden will "begin a working group examining federal data collection on diversity grounds." This is part of his plan to, according to Susan Rice, "embed equity in every aspect of our policymaking and decision-making."
- Biden will require that the federal government will not "discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity."
- Biden will reverse Trump's ban on the use of critical race theory indoctrination and tax-payer funding of same in federal agencies and for companies that contract with the federal government. Biden will cancel Trump's 1776 Commission, which was designed to teach Americans to have pride in their nation despite historic failures.
- Biden will rejoin the Paris Climate Accords. Biden will reintroduce vehicle emissions standards, stop leases for oil and natural gas in the Arctic. Biden will create "a working group on the social costs of greenhouse gasses."
- Biden will revoke the permit for the Keystone XL pipeline, which would bring oil from Canada’s oil sands to the US for processing.
- Biden will extend a moratorium on evictions and ask federal agencies who own mortgages to extend a moratorium on foreclosures and evictions.
- Biden will allow borrowers of education loans to not pay either interest or principle to the end of September, 2021.
- Biden will sign an order "meant to establish ethics rules for those who serve in his administration."
- All new Trump orders will be frozen in place and evaluated.