Use code TPM for up to 66% off at MyPillow.com

ADVERTISEMENT

NDP Jack Harris wins in St. John’s East

As Canadians headed to the polls, projection stats had the New Democrats at a 65 percent chance of winning, with the Liberals taking the remaining 35 percent.

ADVERTISEMENT
Image
Roberto Wakerell-Cruz Montreal QC
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Liberal Nick Whalen, MP for the riding of St. John’s East, has lost reelection in his riding against the New Democrats.

Whalen won the riding in 2015 over the NDP, edging them out by only 645 votes.

The St. John’s East riding was a two-horse race, as polls showed the incumbent Liberal Party trailing the New Democrats by 3.1 percent, as the NDP polled out at 40.5 percent, according to 338 Canada.

As Canadians headed to the polls, projections had the New Democrats at a 65 percent chance of winning, with the Liberals taking the remaining 35 percent.

Whalen took on Canadian lawyer Jack Harris in a rematch for the riding. Harris formerly served as MP of the riding for two consecutive ridings, winning both the 2008 and 2011 election, eventually losing in 2015, and finally winning back his riding in 2019.

The riding was an important riding for the LPC, as it serves as one of seven electoral ridings in Newfoundland and Labrador, with the remainder of the seats projected to stay safe in LPC’s hands.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
N/A by N/A is licensed under N/A

Join and support independent free thinkers!

We’re independent and can’t be cancelled. The establishment media is increasingly dedicated to divisive cancel culture, corporate wokeism, and political correctness, all while covering up corruption from the corridors of power. The need for fact-based journalism and thoughtful analysis has never been greater. When you support The Post Millennial, you support freedom of the press at a time when it's under direct attack. Join the ranks of independent, free thinkers by supporting us today for as little as $1.

Support The Post Millennial

Remind me in September

We will use this to send you a single email in September 2020. To find out what personal data we collect and how we use it, please visit our Privacy Policy

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
By signing up you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy
ADVERTISEMENT
© 2022 The Post Millennial, Privacy Policy