BREAKING: Trump says 'No one has told me I'm being indicted,' refuting claims DOJ had contacted him

"No one has told me I'm being indicted," Trump wrote, "and I shouldn't be because I've done NOTHING wrong."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
Former president Donald Trump has refuted statements made earlier Wednesday claiming that the Department of Justice had notified him that he was a criminal target and likely to face imminent indictment in connection with the classified documents probe.

In a post to his social media network, Truth Social, Trump stated in no uncertain terms that he had not been contacted by anyone regarding an indictment.




 

"No one has told me I'm being indicted," Trump wrote, adding, "and I shouldn't be because I've done NOTHING wrong."

"I have assumed for years that I am a Target of the WEAPONIZED DOJ & FBI, starting with the Russia, Russia, Russia HOAX, the 'No Collusion' Mueller Report, Impeachment HOAX #1, Impeachment HOAX #2, the PERFECT Ukraine phone call, and various other SCAMS & WITCH HUNTS," the former president continued.

He concluded by referring to the attacks against him as "A TRAVESTY OF JUSTICE & ELECTION INTERFERENCE AT A LEVEL NEVER SEEN BEFORE," calling on Republicans in Congress to make it their number one issue.

Earlier Wednesday, sources familiar with the matter told Just The News that Trump had been notified, claiming that the DOJ wanted to press forward with the charges and ignore allegations of witness tampering.

The sources alleged that Trump's lawyers had been preparing their defense for months, and would argue that he had Constitutional powers to declassify documents during his presidency and hold onto them when he left office.

They added that Trump could face a federal indictment by a federal grand jury at the behest of Special Counsel Jack Smith as early as next week.

This is a breaking story and will be updated.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
Sign in to comment

Comments

Powered by The Post Millennial CMS™ Comments

Join and support independent free thinkers!

We’re independent and can’t be cancelled. The establishment media is increasingly dedicated to divisive cancel culture, corporate wokeism, and political correctness, all while covering up corruption from the corridors of power. The need for fact-based journalism and thoughtful analysis has never been greater. When you support The Post Millennial, you support freedom of the press at a time when it's under direct attack. Join the ranks of independent, free thinkers by supporting us today for as little as $1.

Support The Post Millennial

Remind me next month

To find out what personal data we collect and how we use it, please visit our Privacy Policy

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
By signing up you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy
ADVERTISEMENT
© 2024 The Post Millennial, Privacy Policy | Do Not Sell My Personal Information