California man stripped of gun permit after defending himself, family from armed robbery in driveway

"I used to walk into this house and see this beautiful house that I built for my family, and now I walk into a war zone."

ADVERTISEMENT
Image
Jarryd Jaeger Vancouver, BC
ADVERTISEMENT

A man had his concealed carry permit revoked just days after using the firearm to defend himself and his family from would-be robbers outside their Los Angeles, California home.

Vince Ricci has maintained that the decision was made solely because of his use of the gun, however, the sheriff's department claimed it was because of his conduct towards members of the Los Angeles Police Department who showed up to investigate three days after the attempted break-in took place.

In an interview with Fox News, Ricci explained that he was contacted by the sheriff's office on Thursday morning informing him that his concealed carry permit had been "revoked" as a result of him "yelling" at LAPD officers. 

The sheriff's office did not elaborate, and has not released any further information.

The incident in question took place on the evening of November 4 as Ricci returned from the gym. When two armed men jumped the fence and rushed him as he was about to open his front door, Ricci dropped his coffee and pulled out a handgun. The pair retreated and he followed, chasing them off the property.

Footage of the situation shows one of the two men pointing their firearm at Ricci, evidence, he said, that he acted in self-defense.

"My situation is unique because it happened at my front door, all on camera," he said, "but this happens time and time again all over the country." 

"I used to walk into this house and see this beautiful house that I built for my family, and now I walk into a war zone," he added, slamming District Attorney George Gascon for releasing dangerous criminals onto the streets of LA.

Ricci's case was quickly picked up by the National Rifle Association, which defended his use of the gun and decried the fact that he was subsequently stripped of his ability to carry it.

"His decisive actions to protect his wife and daughter embody the core principles that NRA members fight for every day," NRA spokesperson Billy McLaughlin said in a statement. "It's reprehensible that California is shredding his Second Amendment rights after he defended his family. Governor Newsom and Gascon's pro-criminal policies have transformed Los Angeles and the wider state into what resembles a war zone. The NRA stands with Vince and every responsible gun owner in California, firmly committed to defending their rights to protect their families and communities."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
Sign in to comment

Comments

Powered by The Post Millennial CMS™ Comments

Join and support independent free thinkers!

We’re independent and can’t be cancelled. The establishment media is increasingly dedicated to divisive cancel culture, corporate wokeism, and political correctness, all while covering up corruption from the corridors of power. The need for fact-based journalism and thoughtful analysis has never been greater. When you support The Post Millennial, you support freedom of the press at a time when it's under direct attack. Join the ranks of independent, free thinkers by supporting us today for as little as $1.

Support The Post Millennial

Remind me next month

To find out what personal data we collect and how we use it, please visit our Privacy Policy

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
By signing up you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy
ADVERTISEMENT
© 2024 The Post Millennial, Privacy Policy | Do Not Sell My Personal Information