UPDATED: Charges against Chicago mother and 14-year-old son dropped in fatal hot dog stand shooting after new evidence comes to light

After Hood's son came into the store entrance, he then shot the man multiple times. Witnesses were alledgedly laughing and encouraging the incident while it was occuring. 

UPDATE: Carlisha Hood and her son have been released after new evidence came to light.

"The Cook County State's Attorney's office said it reviewed the case against Carlisha Hood and her 14-year-old son and 'in light of emerging evidence' moved to dismiss charges against both" NBC5 Chicago reports.

Original story follows:

A Chicago mother and her 14-year-old son have been arrested and charged after the mother allegedly told her son to shoot a man. 

The mother, Carlisha Hood, is facing a count of contributing to the delinquency of a minor and murder charges. The son is also facing felony murder charges. 

On Sunday a little after 11 p.m., Hood entered a Maxwell Street Express on the 11600 block of South Halsted Street. A few minutes later, a 32-year-old man entered the store and an argument took place between him and Hood. 

Hood had allegedly been texting and signaling to her son to come into the restaurant during the argument. The man punched Hood in the head multiple times after it got physical. 

After Hood's son came into the store entrance, he then shot the man multiple times. Witnesses were allegedly laughing and encouraging the incident while it was occurring. 

After suffering from the first gunshot wounds, the man went outside.

Then, the mother allegedly instructed her son to chase after him and shoot him more. Following what his mother said, the 14-year-old followed the man and shot more times into his back. 

The man was pronounced dead at the scene. 

According to court documents and video surveillance of the incident, Hood also tried to tell her son to shoot one of the witnesses who was allegedly laughing at the altercation. 

The mom fought over the gun with her son trying to take it from him and the son refused. They eventually got back in their car and drove off. 

After Hood and her son fled the scene, they turned themselves in several days later on Wednesday, June 21. 

According to her social media, Hood works in the taxes industry and studied at the City Colleges of Chicago.
Sign in to comment


Powered by The Post Millennial CMS™ Comments

Join and support independent free thinkers!

We’re independent and can’t be cancelled. The establishment media is increasingly dedicated to divisive cancel culture, corporate wokeism, and political correctness, all while covering up corruption from the corridors of power. The need for fact-based journalism and thoughtful analysis has never been greater. When you support The Post Millennial, you support freedom of the press at a time when it's under direct attack. Join the ranks of independent, free thinkers by supporting us today for as little as $1.

Support The Post Millennial

Remind me next month

To find out what personal data we collect and how we use it, please visit our Privacy Policy

By signing up you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy
© 2024 The Post Millennial, Privacy Policy | Do Not Sell My Personal Information