After previously calling Hunter Biden's leaked laptop a "classic example of the right-wing media machine," CNN's Brian Stelter has admitted on Sunday that the "laptop from hell" is real.
Stelter, the host of CNN's Reliable Sources, brought up the federal investigation into Hunter Biden's shady foreign business deals, money laundering, and tax fraud during a segment on Sunday, New York Post reports.
The probe into the president's son began as a result of the files that were found on Hunter's abandoned laptop at a Delaware repair shop in 2020.
While interviewing Michael LaRosa, the former press secretary for First Lady Jill Biden, Stelter pressed for answers about Hunter Biden and the incriminating files.
"What about his son?" Stelter asked LaRosa. "What about Hunter? Hunter under federal investigation, charges can be coming at any time, this is not just a right-wing media story. This is a real problem for the Biden's."
As charges against Hunter Biden could come at any moment, Stelter suggested that the results could vastly hinder President Joe Biden's re-election campaign in 2024. In fact, it could force the president to forgo his candidacy as he is also under a federal investigation in connection to Hunter's laptop.
La Rosa did not give any intel to Stelter but said, "I hope he runs. I know he's going to run, he's planning to run."
After the New York Post dropped the bombshell "Laptop from Hell" story in October 2020, Brian Stelter said the story was a "manufactured scandal."
This is a big step in the right direction for Brian Stelter, and comes as CNN tries to desperately repair the network's image following years of fake news journalism.
Despite the federal government acknowledging the authenticity of the laptop, Stelter chalked up his refusal of reporting the truth to "tension between fast and slow journalism." Stelter said he wouldn't acknowledge the story until CNN could "verify" it, according to New York Post.
During a panel discussion at the "Disinformation and the Erosion of Democracy" conference in April, Stelter said, "I think there's a tension between big American newsrooms that want to check something out themselves that don't want to rely on other outlets, that don't want to just repeat and regurgitate, but then there's an audience expectation of being able to instantly cover every story and have every answer," according to Fox News.
"And so in September or October of 2020, when the New York Post has something other outlets can't match it, there's this pressure- 'Why aren't you confirming this? Why aren't you focusing on this? Why aren't you leading on this?' Because we haven't matched it, we haven't confirmed it," he added.
Chris Licht, who replaced CNN's Jeff Zucker, and was hired to boost the network's rating and re-establish trust to viewers watching their tainted brand, gave a strong warning to employees and said that anchors who are unable to "adjust to a less partisan tone and strategy" could be removed from their posts, New York Post reports.
Join and support independent free thinkers!
We’re independent and can’t be cancelled. The establishment media is increasingly dedicated to divisive cancel culture, corporate wokeism, and political correctness, all while covering up corruption from the corridors of power. The need for fact-based journalism and thoughtful analysis has never been greater. When you support The Post Millennial, you support freedom of the press at a time when it's under direct attack. Join the ranks of independent, free thinkers by supporting us today for as little as $1.
Remind me next month