ADVERTISEMENT

Dr. Birx announces she will retire after holiday travel scandal

Dr. Deborah Birx, the White House task force coordinator for the coronavirus, says she will resign after people pointed out her apparent hypocrisy on Sunday.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Dr. Deborah Birx, the White House task force coordinator for the coronavirus, says she will resign after people pointed out her apparent hypocrisy on Sunday.

Dr. Birx was criticized heavily for not following her own advice when she travelled to Fenwick Island in Delaware to spend the Thanksgiving weekend with family, despite telling the American public that they should not gather with people outside of their own households.

According to the New York Post, the 64-year old expert on infectious diseases and internationally acclaimed AIDS researcher, who has been working for the White House since the beginning Reagan years, says she will stay on for the transition period to the purportedly incoming Biden administration and then leave her position.

She had previously stated that she was interested in working with Biden, but has changed her mind due to the scandal and the resulting scrutiny of her personal life.

"I want the Biden administration to be successful. I will be helpful in any role that people think I can be helpful in and then I will retire," iterated Birx.

"I will have to say, as a civil servant, I will be helpful through a period of time, and then I will have to say, this experience has been a bit overwhelming. It has been very difficult on my family … I think what was done over the last week to my family."

"I think what was done in the past week to my family — you know, they didn’t choose this for me. They’ve tried to be supportive, but to drag my family into this..."

Birx paused and then continued, "My daughter hasn’t left that house in 10 months, my parents have been isolated for 10 months. They’ve become deeply depressed as I’m sure many elderly have as they’ve not been able to see their sons, their granddaughters. My parents have not been able to see their surviving son for over a year. These are all very difficult things.”

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Join and support independent free thinkers!

We’re independent and can’t be cancelled. The establishment media is increasingly dedicated to divisive cancel culture, corporate wokeism, and political correctness, all while covering up corruption from the corridors of power. The need for fact-based journalism and thoughtful analysis has never been greater. When you support The Post Millennial, you support freedom of the press at a time when it's under direct attack. Join the ranks of independent, free thinkers by supporting us today for as little as $1.

Support The Post Millennial

Remind me in September

We will use this to send you a single email in September 2020. To find out what personal data we collect and how we use it, please visit our Privacy Policy

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
By signing up you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy
ADVERTISEMENT
© 2022 The Post Millennial, Privacy Policy