Use code TPM for up to 66% off at MyPillow.com

ADVERTISEMENT

Majority of American voters oppose teaching gender identity in schools 

The poll asked voters: "Do you support or oppose allowing public school teachers to provide classroom instruction on sexual orientation and gender identity to children in elementary school (grades 1 to 5)?"

ADVERTISEMENT
Image
Hannah Nightingale Washington DC
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
A recently released poll from the New York Times has revealed that a majority of Americans oppose allowing teachers to provide classroom instruction to elementary school children on sexual orientation and gender identity.

The poll, conducted by the New York Times and Siena College for the outlet, polled 1,399 registered US voters between September 6 and 14 on a number of topics, ranging from gun legislation to the southern border and more.



The poll asked voters: "Do you support or oppose allowing public school teachers to provide classroom instruction on sexual orientation and gender identity to children in elementary school (grades 1 to 5)?"



The poll found that a vast majority of Americans "strongly oppose" this action, with 58 percent responding as such. An additional 12 percent said they somewhat oppose the teachings, bringing the total number of those who oppose to 70 percent.

14 percent of Americans said that they somewhat oppose teaching the subjects to young students, will 13 percent said they strongly support the teachings.

Split by age groups, younger voters between the ages of 18 and 29 were more likely to support the teachings, with a total of 49 percent either strongly or somewhat supporting the action.

Notably, 43 percent of this age group strongly opposed the action as well.

A majority of age groups overall strongly opposed the teachings, with 54 percent of people ages 30-44, 63 percent of those ages 45-64, and 62 percent of people 65 and up responding as such.

Split by race, 64 percent of white poll takers, 26 percent of black poll takers, and 46 percent of Hispanic poll takers strongly opposed the teachings. Looking at race when combined with education level though, 47 percent of white college graduates strongly opposed, while a whopping 74 percent of white non-college graduates opposed.

When looking at regional areas within the US, voters within the Northeast, the region that leans the hardest left, had the lowest amount of people strongly opposing the teachings, at 48 percent. The west was next, with 53 percent, followed by the south, with 60 percent, and the midwest, with 68 percent.

The poll also found that a majority of independents strongly opposed the teachings to young children, with 57 percent responding as such. 95 percent of Republicans  strongly opposed the action, while democrats were more evenly spread across the four options.
 
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
Gay pride and trans pride flag by Beth Baisch

Join and support independent free thinkers!

We’re independent and can’t be cancelled. The establishment media is increasingly dedicated to divisive cancel culture, corporate wokeism, and political correctness, all while covering up corruption from the corridors of power. The need for fact-based journalism and thoughtful analysis has never been greater. When you support The Post Millennial, you support freedom of the press at a time when it's under direct attack. Join the ranks of independent, free thinkers by supporting us today for as little as $1.

Support The Post Millennial

Remind me in September

We will use this to send you a single email in September 2020. To find out what personal data we collect and how we use it, please visit our Privacy Policy

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
By signing up you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy
ADVERTISEMENT
© 2022 The Post Millennial, Privacy Policy