As the Conservative Party leadership election looms near, candidates have been busy vying for support.
Frontrunner Pierre Poilievre has received endorsements from sixty Conservative MPs, a majority of the party.
Poilievre made the announcement via Twitter on Monday.
"That's a Poilievre majority!" he wrote. "60 MPs — the majority of Conservative MPs — support me and my plan to give Canadians back control of their lives in the freest country in the world."
Among the sixty MPs who have endorsed Poilievre are Andrew Scheer, Tim Uppal, Melissa Lantsman, and Barrett.
The full list includes MPs from British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Ontario, Quebec, New Brunswick, Newfoundland & Labrador, and Nova Scotia.
The majority of Poilievre's support comes from MPs representing ridings in western provinces, a testament to his commitment to bring back confidence in Ottawa to the region.
In contrast, the majority of Jean Charest's support comes from Ontario and Quebec MPs.
Poilievre leads in more than just endorsements, beating out the competition when it comes to recruiting new members to the party as well.
The Conservative Party leadership election is set to take place on September 10, at which point Erin O'Toole's successor will be announced.
Listed alphabetically, the MPs who have endorsed Poilievre are:
- Ziad Aboultaif (MP for Edmonton Manning, AB
- Dan Albas (MP for Central Okanagan—Similkameen—Nicola, BC
- Mel Arnold (MP for North Okanagan—Shuswap, BC
- John Barlow (MP for Foothills, AB)
- Michael Barrett (MP for Leeds—Grenville—Thousand Islands and Rideau Lakes, ON; Shadow Minister for Ethics)
- James Bezan (MP for Selkirk—Interlake—Eastman, MB)
- Kelly Block (MP for Carlton Trail—Eagle Creek, SK)
- Adam Chambers (MP for Simcoe North, ON)
- Colin Carrie (MP for Oshawa, ON)
- Michael Cooper (MP for St. Albert—Edmonton, AB)
- Scot Davidson (MP for York—Simcoe, ON)
- Todd Doherty (MP for Cariboo—Prince George, BC)
- Eric Duncan (MP for Stormont—Dundas—South Glengarry, ON)
- Stephen Ellis (MP for Cumberland—Colchester, NS)
- Michelle Ferreri (MP for Peterborough—Kawartha, ON)
- Kerry-Lynne Findlay (MP for South Surrey—White Rock, BC; former Minister of National Revenue, 2013–2015)
- Cheryl Gallant (MP for Renfrew—Nipissing—Pembroke, ON)
- Marilyn Gladu (MP for Sarnia—Lambton, ON; former Shadow President of the Queen's Privy Council for Canada, 2020–2021, Shadow Minister of Health, 2017–2020)
- Tracy Gray (MP for Kelowna—Lake Country, BC)
- Jasraj Hallan (MP for Calgary Forest Lawn, AB)
- Matt Jeneroux (MP for Edmonton Riverbend, AB)
- Pat Kelly (MP for Calgary Rocky Ridge, AB)
- Robert Kitchen (MP for Souris—Moose Mountain, SK)
- Michael Kram (MP for Regina—Wascana, SK)
- Damien Kurek (MP for Battle River—Crowfoot, AB)
- Stephanie Kusie (MP for Calgary Midnapore, AB)
- Melissa Lantsman (MP for Thornhill, ON)
- Phillip Lawrence (MP for Northumberland—Peterborough South, ON)
- Chris Lewis (MP for Essex, ON)
- Dane Lloyd (MP for Sturgeon River—Parkland, AB)
- Dave Mackenzie (MP for Oxford, ON)
- Dan Mazier (MP for Dauphin—Swan River—Neepawa, MB)
- Kelly McCauley (MP for Edmonton West, AB)
- Marty Morantz (MP for Charleswood—St. James—Assiniboia—Headingley, MB)
- Rob Morrison (MP for Kootenay—Columbia, BC)
- Glen Motz (MP for Medicine Hat—Cardston—Warner, AB)
- Dan Muys (MP for Flamborough—Glanbrook, ON)
- Pierre Paul-Hus (MP for Charlesbourg—Haute-Saint-Charles, QC)
- Brad Redekopp (MP for Saskatoon West, SK)
- Blake Richards (MP for Banff—Airdrie, AB; former Chief Opposition Whip, 2020-2022)
- Anna Roberts (MP for King—Vaughan, ON)
- Kyle Seeback (MP for Dufferin—Caledon)
- Andrew Scheer (MP for Regina—Qu'Appelle, SK; former leader of the Conservative Party, 2017–2020, Speaker of the House of Commons, 2011–2015; chair of Poilievre's campaign in Saskatchewan)
- Jamie Schmale (MP for Haliburton—Kawartha Lakes—Brock, ON)
- Martin Shields (MP for Bow River, AB)
- Clifford Small (MP for Coast of Bays—Central—Notre Dame, NL)
- Gerald Soroka (MP for Yellowhead, AB)
- Jake Stewart (MP for Miramichi—Grand Lake, NB)
- Mark Strahl (MP for Chilliwack—Hope, BC; former Chief Opposition Whip, 2017–2020)
- Shannon Stubbs (MP for Lakeland, AB)
- Corey Tochor (MP for Saskatoon—University, SK)
- Fraser Tolmie (MP for Moose Jaw—Lake Centre—Lanigan, SK)
- Tim Uppal (MP for Edmonton Mill Woods, AB; former Minister of State (Multiculturalism), 2013–2015; former Conservative Party Caucus Liaison, 2020–2022; co-chair of Poilievre's campaign)
- Tako van Popta (MP for Langley—Aldergrove, BC)
- Brad Vis (MP for Mission—Matsqui—Fraser Canyon, BC)
- Chris Warkentin (MP for Grande Prairie—Mackenzie, AB)
- Len Webber (MP for Calgary Confederation, AB)
- Ryan Williams (MP for Bay of Quinte, ON)
- John Williamson (MP for New Brunswick Southwest, NB)Bob Zimmer (MP for Prince George—Peace River—Northern Rockies, BC)
As per Wikipedia.
Join and support independent free thinkers!
We’re independent and can’t be cancelled. The establishment media is increasingly dedicated to divisive cancel culture, corporate wokeism, and political correctness, all while covering up corruption from the corridors of power. The need for fact-based journalism and thoughtful analysis has never been greater. When you support The Post Millennial, you support freedom of the press at a time when it's under direct attack. Join the ranks of independent, free thinkers by supporting us today for as little as $1.
Remind me in September