img
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

NYU Langone hospital AXES child sex change treatment in NYC after Trump admin guidance

"Given the recent departure of our medical director, coupled with the current regulatory environment, we made the difficult decision to discontinue our Transgender Youth Health Program," the hospital said.

ADVERTISEMENT

"Given the recent departure of our medical director, coupled with the current regulatory environment, we made the difficult decision to discontinue our Transgender Youth Health Program," the hospital said.

Image
Katie Daviscourt Seattle WA
A prominent New York City hospital has announced the termination of child sex change programs amid federal funding threats from the Trump administration. NYU Langone Health, located in Manhattan, will no longer offer its "Transgender Youth Health Program" effective immediately.

"Given the recent departure of our medical director, coupled with the current regulatory environment, we made the difficult decision to discontinue our Transgender Youth Health Program. We are committed to helping patients in our care manage this change. This does not impact our pediatric mental health care programs, which will continue," the hospital said in a statement issued to the NYP.
 

According to its website, the hospital removed its "Transgender Youth Health Program" category and replaced it with "Gender & Sexuality Services." The service reportedly helps "children and their families understand and explore their identity, with the goal of helping them achieve a true and nuanced sense of self," the hospital states.

"We want children to understand and value themselves, so that they can develop the confidence to talk with others about their sexual orientation and gender identity," the hospital continues.

Last year, NYU Langone Health severed its "gender-affirming care" services, also known as sex change treatments, for individuals under the age of 19 to comply with President Donald Trump's executive order, titled "Protecting Children from Chemical and Surgical Mutilation."

The order, signed on January 28, 2025, states that the federal government "will not fund, sponsor, promote, assist, or support the so-called 'transition' of a child from one sex to another." Health care agencies and hospitals that offer child sex change procedures for individuals under the age of 19 are subject to the termination of federal funding, according to the order.

Many high-profile hospitals across the country have since terminated similar services.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
Sign in to comment

Comments

Powered by The Post Millennial CMS™ Comments

Join and support independent free thinkers!

We’re independent and can’t be cancelled. The establishment media is increasingly dedicated to divisive cancel culture, corporate wokeism, and political correctness, all while covering up corruption from the corridors of power. The need for fact-based journalism and thoughtful analysis has never been greater. When you support The Post Millennial, you support freedom of the press at a time when it's under direct attack. Join the ranks of independent, free thinkers by supporting us today for as little as $1.

Support The Post Millennial

Remind me next month

To find out what personal data we collect and how we use it, please visit our Privacy Policy

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
By signing up you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy
ADVERTISEMENT
© 2026 The Post Millennial, Privacy Policy