An investigation by Upper Ottawa Valley OPP has led to sex-related charges against an 86-year-old resident of Pembroke, Ontario. The offences date back decades.
The OPP told CTV News that six victims had been identified in incidents between the 1950s and this year. All happened in Renfrew County.
The man, whose name has been withheld from reports to protect the victims, faces 14 various sexual assault charges based on the law at the time the offences were committed.
He has been charged with
- three counts of sexual assault
- three counts of indecent assault on a female
- two counts of sexual assault on a person under 16
- two counts of sexual interference
- one count each of rape, invitation to sexual touching under 16 and sexual intercourse with a child under 14.
The man is scheduled to appear at court today in Pembroke, Ontario.