On Tuesday, Former Attorney General Bill Barr said that an investigation into President Joe Biden for allegedly agreeing to take a $5 million bribe, was "sent to Delaware for further investigation" by the FBI after a confidential human source (CHS) came forward.
This is a direct contradiction to what Democrat Representative Jamie Raskin said to the media Monday after a closed-door meeting with House Oversight Committee Chair James Comer and the FBI, that Barr and his prosecutor closed the investigation down. In a statement to the Federalist Barr responded, “It’s not true. It wasn’t closed down."
Raskin previously said, "Attorney General Barr named Scott Brady, who was the U.S. attorney for Western Pennsylvania, to head up a group of prosecutors who would look into all the allegations related to Ukraine.”
“After Rudy Giuliani surfaced these allegations,” he continued. "Brady’s team looked into the FD-1023 and in August determined that there were no grounds to escalate from an initial assessment to a preliminary investigation," so "they called an end to the investigation."
"If there is a complaint, it is with Attorney General William Barr, the Trump Justice Department, and the team that the Trump administration appointed to look into it," Raskin concluded.
Raskin released a press release to double down on the accusations. He said, "Trump’s own Department of Justice was able to reach a conclusion about this information." He continued, "In August 2020, Attorney General Barr and his hand-picked U.S. Attorney signed off on closing the assessment, having found no evidence to corroborate Mr. Giuliani’s allegations."
House Oversight Committee Chair James Comer told The Federalist, "A trusted confidential human source obtained information from a foreign national who claimed to have bribed then-Vice President Biden." He continued, "The FBI is attempting a coverup, and Democrats are doing their bidding by lying to the American people.”
The investigation stems from a whistleblower who came forward in September 2020 to allege that the FBI restricted the assessment so that only particular agents could access the info. According to the reports, this would mean that agents in Delaware would not have access to investigate the allegations made by the CHS.
Comer concluded, "The FBI must produce this record to the House Oversight Committee’s custody...if not, we will take action on Thursday to hold Director Wray in contempt of Congress."
Join and support independent free thinkers!
We’re independent and can’t be cancelled. The establishment media is increasingly dedicated to divisive cancel culture, corporate wokeism, and political correctness, all while covering up corruption from the corridors of power. The need for fact-based journalism and thoughtful analysis has never been greater. When you support The Post Millennial, you support freedom of the press at a time when it's under direct attack. Join the ranks of independent, free thinkers by supporting us today for as little as $1.
Remind me next month