Use code TPM for up to 66% off at MyPillow.com

ADVERTISEMENT
American News Mar 20, 2022 2:19 PM EST

Father charged with whipping 5-year-old son to death over TV show

The father smoked a marijuana cigarette before dialing 911, according to the police report.

Father charged with whipping 5-year-old son to death over TV show
James Anthony Montreal QC

33-year-old father Gerald Oglesby, of Nevada, is now facing a murder charge in the killing of his 5-year-old son General Sema'j Oglesb after he allegedly whipped the child to death because he reportedly didn't approve of a television show the boy was watching Tuesday night that had adult characters in it.

Oglesby was arrested Wednesday and booked into the Henderson Detention Center on one count of murder. The child was found dead at the scene by first responders about 1:30 am Wednesday, according to Las Vegas Review-Journal.

Las Vegas Review-Journal reported that Oglesby admitted to law enforcement that he beat the child, confessing to using an electrical cord to whip the child repeated times and then striking him with a final blow to the stomach.

During the initial whippings, Oglesby is reported to have caused the boy's chin to split open and bleed. The police report states that Oglesby gave the child a shower before continuing to beat him with the electrical cord. While holding a slipper, Oglesby punched the boy in the abdomen, according to authorities.

"Gerald explained as soon as he struck (the child) in the abdomen, he knew he struck him too hard," police wrote in the arrest report. "Gerald used a cell phone charging cord and hit him multiple times in the arms the back the abdomen and the side of his neck including his jawline," the police report says.

The boy, who was experiencing trouble walking and labored breathing at that point, then laid down on the couch with his head on a bunny rabbit pillow and vomited. Then the child's breathing stopped after some time.

Oglesby allegedly performed chest compressios on the boy, but instead of calling 911 right away, he texted his sister and the boy's mother, Charlveena Veecee.

The mother received photos of the boy that had been on Oglesby's phone, while the man allegedly admitted to his sister that he whipped the child too hard.

"Gerald did not call the paramedics or anyone else to see if he could get some help," the report said. He was next to the boy, "rubbing his body for comfort."

Cops said Oglesby stated he "did not want to lose custody of (his son) and so he chose not to call to get help," per the police report. He then smoked a marijuana cigarette before calling 911, according to the arrest report.

When he was instructed by emergency dispatchers to perform CPR on his son, Oglesby refused, the police report states. Over the phone with 911, Oglesby said the boy was not breathing for the past 13 minutes. Police said Gerald told officers he was "forced to discipline" and spank his son in the past for "back talking."

A neighbor who lives downstairs claims she heard loud noises for around two hours that Tuesday evening and believed it was a body being thrown onto the ground in the apartment. "The loud thumping continued for about two hours," the neighbor told police, according to the arrest report. "The neighbor attempted contact at (the) apartment … but no one answered, and she did not call the police."

Oglesb has a history of prior arrests, including multiple charges of domestic battery, with one count involving strangulation. Oglesby was accused of choking his girlfriend while her children were present in the apartment's living room.

Las Vegas Justice Court records show Oglesby was arrested in September on a warrant and charged with three counts of domestic battery and one count of domestic battery by strangulation; while the report was taken back on Nov. 30, 2020, the charges were dismissed two weeks after the September arrest.

The boy was involved in child custody cases over several years. Court records show the boy's mother filed for full custody of the child in 2017, arguing that Oglesby's girlfriend "threatens me and i honestly don't trust her around my son."

Last year, the mother filed for partial custody. She wrote in 2021 that she and Oglesby got along and she did not need the father to pay child support.

Then on Feb. 17, the woman filed a third custody complaint and accused Oglesby of "kidnapping" her son. The mother said she had not seen him since Feb. 3.




Ads by revcontent

Join and support independent free thinkers!

We’re independent and can’t be cancelled. The establishment media is increasingly dedicated to divisive cancel culture, corporate wokeism, and political correctness, all while covering up corruption from the corridors of power. The need for fact-based journalism and thoughtful analysis has never been greater. When you support The Post Millennial, you support freedom of the press at a time when it's under direct attack. Join the ranks of independent, free thinkers by supporting us today for as little as $1.

Support The Post Millennial