Canadian News

Manitoba introduces new measures to lift province out of lockdown

Brian Pallister has announced a new wave of measures intended to lift the provinces lockdown, creating a blueprint for other provinces to follow.

Nico Johnson Montreal, QC
Join the ranks of independent, free thinkers by supporting us today for as little as $1.
Support The Post Millennial

As the big tech tyrants tighten their grip, join us for more free speech at Parler—the anti-censorship social media platform.

Manitoba Premier Brian Pallister has announced a new wave of measures intended to lift the province's lockdown, creating a blueprint for other provinces to follow.

The draft plan that was revealed by Pallister on Thursday details how Manitoba will implement an early start to the school year, will allow access to pools and gyms, and will grant Manitobans greater liberty to travel throughout the province.

"Early and decisive actions, along with the hard work of Manitobans, have made a difference in our fight against COVID-19," said Pallister. "There is no room for complacency. We do not want a COVID comeback."

Manitoba's coronavirus response has been strong: out of Canada's 80,000 cases, Manitoba has only suffered 290 instances of coronavirus.

Similarly, Manitoba has only seen 7 coronavirus-related deaths—a small fraction of Canada's 6,000 total deaths.

So far, the province has not confirmed when this loosening of the restrictions will take place, although greater liberty will be given to those who attend public gatherings or professional sport events, according to CBC News.

The province's public gathering size limits, for instance, will be expanded to allow 25 people to gather indoors and 50 people outdoors.

The premier intended to release more information about these new measures over the next few days.

Speaking to The Post Millennial about these measures, Winnipeg-based political commentator Spencer Fernando said that "this seems reasonable given the circumstances."

"Every province has a different situation and those with fewer cases can look at opening up carefully while remaining vigilant to prevent a CCP Virus resurgence," he added.  

Join and support independent free thinkers!

We’re independent and can’t be cancelled. The establishment media is increasingly dedicated to divisive cancel culture, corporate wokeism, and political correctness, all while covering up corruption from the corridors of power. The need for fact-based journalism and thoughtful analysis has never been greater. When you support The Post Millennial, you support freedom of the press at a time when it's under direct attack. Join the ranks of independent, free thinkers by supporting us today for as little as $1.

Support The Post Millennial