The newest polling numbers give former US President Donald Trump the lead over current US President Joe Biden and Vice President Kamala Harris if a presidential election cycle was held today.
Rasmussen Reports released the findings of their latest survey for 2024 projections Thursday. The consensus from a thousand likely US voters found Trump would beat Biden with a ten percent lead (51 to 41). Harris would also lose to Trump, but by thirteen percentage points (52 to 39).
Trump previously left the question of a potential 2024 bid open-ended, telling people at a September 11 appearance they were "going to be happy."
Other notable findings from Rasmussen, include:
- 84 percent of Republican voters would back Trump again, versus 74 percent of Democrats that’d do the same for Biden.
- 70 percent of voters believe the border situation between the US and Mexico is a crisis, up four percent since May 2021.
- 54 percent blame the Biden administration’s approach to immigration as the problem, versus 37 percent who say Trump’s policies were to blame.
- 52 percent now say Biden’s decisions on immigration issues are "poor," up two points since April.
- 52 percent want Trump’s "aggressive, confrontational" leadership style back after seeing Biden, but over 44 percent still hate it.
On the flip-side, there remains hesitancy in another election bid by the former president. The polls indicate 48 percent think it’s a good idea versus 44 percent that think it’s a bad idea, including 49 percent of voters 65 and older.
The survey was conducted on Tuesday and Wednesday with a cited margin of error of +/- 3 percent.
The polling reflects a continued downward spiral in support for the White House, citing Biden’s botched withdrawal from Afghanistan.
Earlier Thursday, Biden’s approval rating saw a sharp decline in the weeks following his September 9 vaccine mandate announcement requiring private companies coerce employees to get the jab. The rise in disapproval was particularly felt among unvaccinated black voters.
A separate poll conducted by Fox News showed an increasing number of Americans believe the country is less united under the Biden administration.
Join and support independent free thinkers!
We’re independent and can’t be cancelled. The establishment media is increasingly dedicated to divisive cancel culture, corporate wokeism, and political correctness, all while covering up corruption from the corridors of power. The need for fact-based journalism and thoughtful analysis has never been greater. When you support The Post Millennial, you support freedom of the press at a time when it's under direct attack. Join the ranks of independent, free thinkers by supporting us today for as little as $1.
Remind me in September