Canadian News

RCMP: Nova Scotia gunman's weapons likely from United States

Campbell confirmed that one weapon has been traced to Canada, but that the other weapons on the scene were likely obtained in the United States.

Roberto Wakerell-Cruz Montreal, QC
Join the ranks of independent, free thinkers by supporting us today for as little as $1.
Support The Post Millennial

If big tech continues censoring conservatives, that means our days on these platforms may be numbered. Please take a minute to sign up to our mailing list so we can stay in touch with you, our community. Subscribe Now!

RCMP Supt. Darren Campbell gave a detailed breakdown of the timeline of the Nova Scotia shooting spree on Friday.

Police are asking for more information to fill in the gaps in the timeline that remain, but questions surrounding the shooters weapons have many confused.

According to Campbell, the gunman had a "significant number of weapons" on him, including the gun of the late Constable Heidi Stevenson, who the shooter killed in a gunfight after colliding with her vehicle.

Campbell confirmed that one weapon has been traced to Canada, but that the other weapons on the scene were likely obtained in the United States.

A troubling task for investigators, though, will be to confirm this, as it's believed evidence of the purchase of those weapons could have been burnt in the shooter's Portapique house.

Details were given regarding the shooter's path. Included in the maps were the towns of Portapique, Debert, Wentworth, Milford, Shubenacadie and Enfield.

Few clues indicating the gunman's motives have been found so far. The girlfriend of the shooter believed that her running to the woods after he bound and beat her provoked the shooting, though police believe the shooting was preplanned, and that she was intended to be a victim.

Police say some victims were targeted and some were killed at random. They also said that his weapons were likely obtained illegally as he did not have a valid license to possess or buy firearms in Canada.

Anyone with additional information is asked to call a tip line at (902) 720-5959

“No piece of information is too small,” Campbell said. “If you have information, we need to hear from you.”

Join and support independent free thinkers!

We’re independent and can’t be cancelled. The establishment media is increasingly dedicated to divisive cancel culture, corporate wokeism, and political correctness, all while covering up corruption from the corridors of power. The need for fact-based journalism and thoughtful analysis has never been greater. When you support The Post Millennial, you support freedom of the press at a time when it's under direct attack. Join the ranks of independent, free thinkers by supporting us today for as little as $1.

Support The Post Millennial
Ads