Student stabbed to death, one injured during brawl at North Carolina school

A 14-year-old suspect is under arrest and has been charged with murder as a juvenile.

A fight at the Southeast Raleigh Magnet High School in Raleigh, North Carolina, left one student dead and another injured on Monday. A 14-year-old suspect is under arrest and has been charged with murder as a juvenile. School was closed on Tuesday.

Video of the fight emerged on social media, showing one boy backing another into a corner and then leveling punches at him. The two run into the gym as other students follow, cheering on the brawlers, and shooting video of it on their phones.

As the fight continues, one student ends up on the ground, pulls a knife and stabs another in the leg and groin area. That 15-year-old student later lost consciousness and was pronounced dead. Another student, aged 16, was hospitalized with non-life-threatening injuries. 

The fight broke out before 11 am on Monday, and it was a School Resource Officer that called police and EMS. On a call over police radio, a woman said "He's losing consciousness right now. We're in the main gym."

The reply came back to make sure that the school went into "lockdown."

The student, who was later arrested, was taken into custody by the School Resource Officer. Police officers said that "the scene is secure, and this appears to be an isolated incident."

Raleigh Police issued a statement reading: "There is currently a large police presence at Southeast Raleigh High School due to a serious assault. The scene is secure, and this appears to be an isolated incident. Please avoid the area around the school."

Parents learned about the incident via a follow-up message, and the Code Red lockdown and a "controlled" dismissal was enacted on Monday. 

Counselors will be on hand at the school during the week to help students process their grief. School Superintendant Robert Taylor said that while the school, and schools in Wake County, do not have metal detectors, students are searched if staff have a "reasonable suspicion that a student has a weapon."

He vowed to "review all of our safety processes and protocols."

The family of the deceased told local news that they would be holding a balloon release in memorial. The names of the students involved have not yet been released.
Sign in to comment


Powered by StructureCMS™ Comments

Join and support independent free thinkers!

We’re independent and can’t be cancelled. The establishment media is increasingly dedicated to divisive cancel culture, corporate wokeism, and political correctness, all while covering up corruption from the corridors of power. The need for fact-based journalism and thoughtful analysis has never been greater. When you support The Post Millennial, you support freedom of the press at a time when it's under direct attack. Join the ranks of independent, free thinkers by supporting us today for as little as $1.

Support The Post Millennial

Remind me next month

To find out what personal data we collect and how we use it, please visit our Privacy Policy

By signing up you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy
© 2024 The Post Millennial, Privacy Policy | Do Not Sell My Personal Information