A letter to Attorney General Merrick Garland reads, "We are conducting oversight of the Justice Department's actions with respect to former Vice President Biden's mishandling of classified documents, including the apparently unauthorized possession of classified material at a Washington, D.C. private office and in the garage of his Wilmington, Delaware residence."
The letter question's Garland's appointment of Robert Hur, an Illinois attorney, as Special Counsel to investigate the matters due to "fundamental oversight questions."
"On November 2, 2022, days before the midterm elections, President Biden's personal attorneys reportedly discovered classified documents at the Penn Biden Center for Diplomacy and Global Engagement, a Washington, D.C. think tank that President Biden opened in February 2018.3 According to reports, President Biden's attorneys found several documents with classified markings some documents even marked "sensitive compartmented information"—in an unsecure space, suggesting the mishandling of the most sensitive intelligence information in the U.S. government.4 Subsequent reports indicate that the classified documents included "US intelligence memos and briefing materials that covered topics including Ukraine, Iran and the United Kingdom," the letter states.
The documents being dated from 2013 and 2016 suggest to the two congressmen that they were stored at the Penn Biden Center for "years."
"Subsequently, a second set of classified documents were reportedly found in the Biden family private residence in Wilmington, Delaware. It is unclear when the Department first came to learn about the existence of these documents, and whether it actively concealed this information from the public on the eve of the 2022 elections.
"It is also unclear what interactions if any, the Department had with President Biden or his representatives about his mishandling of classified material. The Department's actions here appear to depart from how it acted in similar circumstances. In fact, on August 8, 2022, despite the publicly available evidence of President Trump's voluntary cooperation, you personally approved the decision to seek a warrant for excessive and unprecedented access to his private residence," they continue.
The letter then goes into the raid of the Mar-a-Lago home of President Donald Trump: "On August 15, 2022, Committee Republicans wrote to you and FBI Director Christopher Wray requesting documents and information related to the FBI's raid of President Trump's residence.' The Department and FBI have failed to sufficiently comply with this request. Our requests remain outstanding. The American people deserve transparency and accountability from our most-senior executive branch law enforcement officials. Accordingly, please produce the following:
1. All documents and communications referring or relating to the appointment of Robert K. Hur as Special Counsel, including but not limited to any memoranda regarding his appointment;
2. All documents and communications referring or relating to the selection of John R. Lausch, Jr. to examine matters relating to President Biden's mishandling of classified material, including but not limited to any memoranda regarding his selection;
3. All documents and communications between or among the Department of Justice, Federal Bureau of Investigation, or the Executive Office of the President referring or relating to material with classified markings found at the Penn Biden Center and the Biden residence in Wilmington, Delaware;
4. All documents and communications between or among the Department of Justice, the Federal Bureau of Investigation, or attorneys or representatives of President Biden, including but not limited to White House attorney Richard Sauber, referring or relating to materials with classified markings found at the Penn Biden Center and the Biden residence in Wilmington, Delaware.
5. All documents and communications referring or relating to the physical storage of materials with classified markings found at the Penn Biden Center and the Biden residence in Wilmington, Delaware, and
6. All documents and communications referring or relating to the discovery of a material with classified markings found at the Penn Biden Center and the Biden residence in Wilmington, Delaware, including the circumstance of how President Biden's personal attorney came to discover classified material in an unsecure settings.
Join and support independent free thinkers!
We’re independent and can’t be cancelled. The establishment media is increasingly dedicated to divisive cancel culture, corporate wokeism, and political correctness, all while covering up corruption from the corridors of power. The need for fact-based journalism and thoughtful analysis has never been greater. When you support The Post Millennial, you support freedom of the press at a time when it's under direct attack. Join the ranks of independent, free thinkers by supporting us today for as little as $1.
Remind me next month